Ch.6: Mission Complete

They emerged from the shrine, the bright sun blinding their eyes.

"So, what now?" Impa asked, looking at Zelda.

"We report to father. Urbosa, your presence is required to show we completed the mission."

"Of course, little bird. What shall we do about that one?"

"I have a name, you know," Aveil said, glancing over at her.

"Do you, now? I can't quite remember, sorry." Aveil grumbled and muttered under his breath. They reached the carriage, the driver standing by it.

"There you all are! Who is-?" He looked up at Aveil, quieting when he raised an eyebrow.

"Please get in. The trip to the castle should be short without any interruptions."

The driver opened the door as everyone piled in. Aveil had difficulty getting in due to his height. Once he finally got in, they began to make their way back to the castle.

Aveil looked out the window even when someone was talking to him. This land was new to him, he wanted to explore every inch and corner of it and learn its secrets.

They made it to the castle in no time. Outside, waited for two guards. Once out, Aveil rubbed his neck.

"That hurt. You, people need to build a carriage for tall people."

"Well we've never seen someone as tall as you, so I apologize," Zelda said, nodding her head at the guards. They were escorted to the throne room which sat the king was.

"Urbosa, always a pleasure."

"Thank you, your majesty. It is my pleasure to pilot Vah Naboris."

"What's that?" Aveil asked.

"Who is this, Zelda? He was not part of the mission."

"Who am I?" Aveil asked, offended. "Who am I?! Are you that uncultured, you swine?!"

Everyone's eyes widened and gasped.

"Excuse me?" The king asked, squinting at him.

Guards quickly stood next to the king's side, ready to defend. Aveil started walking to him when Zelda stood in front of him. Her arms stretched out, guarding him.

"He is Aveil. I believe he will play a vital role in sealing the Calamity. He is my responsibility."

Aveil looked down at her, seeing the girl defending him. A small smile rose on his face as he looked back at the king, a cold glance going on his face.

"If he doesn't watch the way he talks to me, he'll be executed like that." The king snapped.

The room is hushed as Aveil got down on one knee.

"I'm greatly sorry your highness, but if you didn't know, I have been sleeping a pretty long time and I am still figuring out formalities. I apologize."

"Of course. You are excused." He turned to Zelda, who dropped her arms.

"How will Aveil be playing a role?"

"He grew up with the Calamity, so I believe he can help with information about its true intentions."

The King thought for a moment.

"Alright. He is permitted to help Urbosa pilot Vah Naboris. Is that alright with you, Urbosa?"

"Yes, your majesty. It would be a pleasure to work with a Gerudo legend."

Aveil looked at her surprised. She looked back and smiled.

"I will take him under my wing and teach him to be a better fighter."

"What do you mean by that?!"

"May we move on, please?"

"Of course. The next Champion we will discuss is the Zora Princess, Mipha. I believe you have ties to her, Link?"

"Yes, your majesty."

"Then try to convince her father to let her be a Champion. I know she would agree, but it is her father who we need to worry about."

"Of course."
-------
Impa and Eva waited outside the throne room, talking.

"So, how's Purah doing?"

"Good! I'm just glad she got over that disease. That was horrible."

"It was scary. Glad she's better."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Depends."

"Why has the Yiga Clan been targeting you? I understand the princess, but why you?"

Eva sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"It's complicated. Let's just say there are a few loose ends I haven't quite tied up yet."

"But what-"

"I don't feel comfortable talking about it. Can we move on?"

Impa went silent before speaking again.

"Are you excited about that ball? Have you got a date?"

Eva blushed.

"I do. It's a maybe though. And, it might not happen. If we don't get the Champions, then there is no point in getting our hopes up. Have you got a dress?"

"I do! It's so pretty! What about you?"

"Nope. As I said, we have to wait for the Champions."

The doors to the throne room opened as Aveil, Link, Urbosa, and Zelda walked out of the throne room.

"That could have gone better..." Zelda said after the doors were closed.

"Well if someone could close their mouth for a few seconds and let the ladies talk, it would have been smoother," Urbosa replied.

Aveil just nodded and walked away.

"What's his problem?" Impa asked, watching the male Gerudo walk away

"He's probably ashamed of himself for the way he acted in there," Urbosa replied. "Let's leave him alone for a while."
------------------------------------------------------------

Aveil just continued walking until he was around the corner. He stopped and just stood there Hylia, I'm a wreck. Talking to the king like that, I must have left my manners back at the shrine.

He began his way to the royal library. Once he got there he went to a very familiar shelf and pulled the shelf out of place revealing a hidden chamber he went inside making sure to place the shelf back into place.

He descended a flight of stairs until he came to a room. His room. He looked around just like he left it the night before he-- Wait how did I end up in the shrine? I know Zelda and the others told me I died, but I hardly believe that I'm the best fighter or was the best in Hyrule. I couldn't have fallen that easily.

He took a minute to think about his past. Thinking about it, I don't remember a lot of things about me. He looked back to his room seeing a faint glow on his bed he walked over to see a tablet of sorts

"Didn't Zelda have one of these with her?" He picked it up and the thing's screen turned on. He saw pictures, staring for a little bit. He clicked the screen and a picture enlarged showing him his room. He looked back up and tried to remember anything about the room. He felt a click in his brain and crashed on the bed, snoring peacefully.

------------------------------------------------------------