I can't

Stevie hadn't left the safety of her hotel room ever since Karen dropped her off the night before after the show. She didn't think it went that horribly, but she didn't enjoy performing, she couldn't relax and let go, concentrate on entertaining her fans. She did her part, she sang her songs, she sang backing vocal for Christine and Lindsey, they bowed down and she quickly disappeared.

It was well into the afternoon and Stevie was still in bed, in her pajamas. She felt herself sinking into depression and she was afraid of being swallowed by the darkness. She'd been there before and it wasn't pretty.

She pulled the covers away and swung her legs over the edge of the bed, stretching her muscles, before standing up to her feet. She entered the bathroom, undressed lazily and stepped into the shower, letting the water run over her. She showered, pushed the shower door open and grabbed a towel to dry herself off, then wrapped her hair in it and put on a robe, provided by the hotel.

The room Stevie was staying in was already booked before she told Lindsey to stay away, so he was just a few doors down from her and she allowed herself to wonder about what he was doing for a moment. She shook herself out of her thoughts and picked up the phone, to call room service for something to eat. Karen would have done everything she needed, but she wanted to be alone as much as possible right now.

After spending a good hour writing in her journal, Stevie decided to head downstairs for a drink, hoping she wouldn't meet any of her bandmates. The goal wasn't to get wasted, but being cooped up in the same room for two days, wasn't to her benefit.

She was glad the place wasn't packed, as she took a seat at the bar. The barman approached her, clearly having recognized her, but he acted polite about it. A glass of wine was put in front of her and she smiled a little for a thank you and took a sip. Lovely soft jazz music was playing and the place was dimly lit.

Stevie spent the first glass thinking about what happened almost a week ago, about her and Lindsey, about her feelings for him, how Kristen reacted, if his kids knew. About the changes they would have to make concerning their relationship. How he obviously wanted to say something back, but she kept cutting him off, having to get everything out. How he said it wasn't just hers decision to make... That stuck. What did he mean? If anything, he should have stood there, agreeing with every single thing.

Another tall wine glass was brought to her and Stevie frowned a little. "I didn't ask for a refill."

"The gentleman over there..." The barman showed her. "He says hello."

Stevie looked over her shoulder, catching the man staring at her, taking a gulp of his own drink. Feeling bold, she took the glass in one hand and slid off the high bar stool. She swayed her hips over to him and got in the booth, he was having all to himself.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He's gorgeous... Was the first thing on her mind. Younger a couple of years, that's for sure. Dark, thick hair, brown eyes that matched hers, full lips, that looked very inviting, slightly tanned skin, fit, dressed in grey suit pants and a pale shirt, with a couple of top buttons undone. "I didn't think you would join me so quickly or at all."

"I was getting lonely there."

"How weren't you surrounded by drooling men is beyond me."

Stevie smiled, crossing her legs, his eyes following the simple action. "What's your name?"

"Christian."

"Stevie. Or Stephanie, whichever you prefer."

"Stephanie sounds perfect."

"So, what are you doing in the city, Christian?"

"Meeting with a partner of the company I and my brother run. We have a clothing line of our own."