I thought you should know

A few hours later, all five band members with their assistants were on a plane, heading to Washington. Stevie made sure she was sitting with Christine, but she kept glancing at Lindsey, who had shut everyone out completely and he was beginning to be a pain to be around. Nevertheless, she needed to talk to him, Chris was right. If Stevie just casually presented her new boyfriend, that wouldn't go down very well. The last thing she wanted was more arguments.

Stevie shifted in her seat and Christine raised her eyebrow. "Where are you going?"

"To have a word with Lindsey."

"Now?"

"I think now is better than right before a show, because there's no other time I'll be around him." She made her way to where Lindsey was sitting and before joining him, she asked if she could.

"Whatever." He replied, without facing her.

"This isn't Rumours tour, Lindsey. You don't have to be an ass."

"What do you want?" He was clearly annoyed, hoping she would go away.

"To talk."

"Haven't you said everything already? I can remember there being a long list of things you don't want me to do. Besides, aren't you breaking the rules by sitting with me right now?"

Stevie inhaled deeply, to calm down. They needn't to make a scene. "I know how jealous you can get. I shouldn't care about it and live my life the way I want to, but I thought you should know that I've met a man."

Lindsey clenched his fist, seeing red. "I know that already."

"What? Did Christine..."

"I saw him walking into your room."

"Oh..."

"You broke things off with me and couldn't even last two days before fucking someone else?"

"I didn't have sex with Christian."

"What where you doing then? Talking?!"

She wasn't going to elaborate, before he decided to be an asshole. "No, actually I crawled into his lap as soon as the door was closed. I let him undress me and he had his hands and mouth all over me, but I stopped him. And you know why? Because I felt I was about to cheat on you! The way you're treating me... And I still care about you, I don't want to do anything to hurt you. But Christine is right, it's my time now. You've always wanted to have your family and me on the side. I've lived almost twenty years, hoping that maybe this time you meant it, maybe you will leave her, that when you say you love me you actually mean it. I can't believe how naive I was, just how many years of my life I've wasted. You kept feeding me lies and I believed you. I wish I didn't, I wish I had moved on. It all started in 1997, Lindsey. If you hadn't kept me hanging on, I might have become a mother and a wife to someone who wouldn't need anyone besides me." She wiped away her angry tears and jumped to her feet. He grabbed her by the hand, utterly shocked by everything she just said. "Let go off me!"

Everyone else had obviously heard everything, but pretended to not have and went on minding their own business. Christine pulled Stevie to herself the second she sat down and held her, as she sobbed her heart out.

"That went bloody well."

"I can't do this. If things are going to be like this from now, I don't want to be a part of this band anymore."

"Hey..." Christine held Stevie by the shoulders, then wiped under her eyes with her thumbs and smoothed out her hair. "It just takes time, love."

"It's taken too long, Chris. I've wasted enough."

"That's what I'm saying. You've been given another chance, Christian has come into your life and you have an opportunity to make it right."

Lindsey couldn't listen to it, he got up and walked over to the two women. "You!" He pointed at Christine. "You should shut up! Stop encouraging her! You're doing the same thing like you did when Stevie and I just joined the band. I know you kept telling her how awful I am and she deserves better. She broke up with me because she listened to you too much!"

"You're blaming Christine?!" Stevie yelled, now everyone staring at them. "Are you that fucking stupid, Lindsey?! Was it Christine accusing me of cheating with everyone I looked at? Was it her being a controlling jealous jerk? Was it her not letting me go out, because I'll sure as hell find someone to fuck in the alley?! My God... I can't believe you. And you don't even realize you're being that same person from back then, Lindsey. Why do you care what Christine is telling me? I don't belong to you and more importantly, YOU DO NOT BELONG TO ME."

"Was he that good? That all of a sudden you're ready to give up on what we have? Ready to settle for the first guy who'll have you?"

Before Lindsey could say more, Stevie slapped him across the face. "Did you ever truly loved me? I end our fucked up relationship, we don't sleep together anymore and you're treating me like a piece of shit! It was all good when you could have me any way you wanted me."

"How can you even question that?" He asked in disbelief, holding the palm of his hand pressed to the stinging cheek.

"How can I not?" With that, she went and locked herself in the bathroom, leaving Lindsey to deal with all the stairs from their friends.