You love him

The break was over and Fleetwood Mac were on the road again, meeting up in Minnesota, a day before they had a show. Stevie wasn't dealing very well with leaving Christian, they had grown so much closer together, found out so many things about each other, during the weeks they spent together. She was afraid it all would fade away once she left. When he dropped her off at the airport, he told her he loved her, he always told her that, but she wasn't ready to say it back. She wanted to, badly. Christian was one of very few men to treat her this graciously, she knew it saddened him, when she would only smile back and give him a kiss. Although, they both hopped, she'd get there.

Stevie was worried about how things would be with Lindsey, they were far from being on best terms the last they saw each other. It hurt her, despite all this mess, she loved him dearly. Depending on his demeanor, she would ask him to come see her and have a talk, not shout at each other, but talk.

As if it was on purpose, the first person Stevie saw, entering the arena, was Lindsey. He didn't look good; pale and thinner, he hadn't shaved and appeared to be tired. Lindsey noticed her too, right away. She, on the other hand, looked as beautiful as ever in his eyes. How much he wished to give her a hug and press a kiss to her hair, while inhaling her scent.

"Hey."

"Hi." Stevie replied, a little surprised he was the one to break the silence.

"You're not late."

"Crazy, right?" They both half smiled and Stevie didn't want to walk away just yet. "How were the holidays?"

"I guess, there's no point in lying, since you know me as well as you do. I didn't celebrate anything."

"Did you at least visit the kids?"

"I went for an hour or so, but to pick something up I had left. I wasn't in the spirit."

"But they're your children, Lindsey..."

"They hardly are anymore, Stella maybe. I just couldn't stay. What about you?"

"Umm..." Should she, should she not... "Actually, Christian and I went to Phoenix for Christmas and then we spent the New Year's eve with his brother and his family."

"Sounds fun."

"You don't have to pretend you're glad I had a good time."

"I'm happy if you are, Stevie. Honestly. By the looks of things, you two are serious."

"By the looks of things?"

"Well, yes. Or that ring doesn't mean anything?"

"I'm sorry." Why was she sorry?

"You don't have to be." Lindsey said and was ready to run away.

"Wait!" Stevie called after him and he stopped, turning to face her. "I was thinking... maybe... you and I... well, would you like to come over tonight?"

"What for?"

"I hate this situation we're in. Things have changed, but you're my oldest dearest friend, Lindsey. I don't want to lose you. I thought we could talk."

"After how great the last time we tried went?"

"That's what I'm saying. I don't want us to scream at each other and look for things to throw, but I want you in my life, Lindsey. I do."

He sighed heavily, nodding his head. "Where are you staying?"

~

Stevie told Lindsey to come see her at around 10pm. After they finished soundcheck, she had already promised the girls to go out for dinner, she had to be back before then, she thought. Not really sure why, Stevie quickly freshened up before Lindsey came knocking on her door.