Plans

Almost three weeks passed by and things were looking gloomy. For Stevie and Lindsey that is. He tried talking to her once more, but she only repeated herself. The reason for that might have been Christian, because she talked to him all the time and in those three weeks, he had come to see her five times, which infuriated Lindsey more. He hated how truly happy Stevie appeared to be and he had nothing to do with it. Someone else, another man was the reason behind the woman's, that he thought belonged to him for fifty years, smile.

After their last show on the 20th, Fleetwood Mac were about to take a short break over the holidays. Stevie was glad, as she desperately needed some space away from Lindsey. She informed Christian when he should be expecting her and he promised to come see her the same night.

And he did, he arrived at her condo even before Stevie did herself, not without some help from Karen of course. Stevie had expressed her feelings of how awful the past couple of weeks had been and Christian wanted to do something nice for her.

As soon as Stevie set foot through the door, she was smiling from ear to ear. She could smell home cooked dinner and her pathway was lit up by candles. When she reached the living room, she found Christian, holding out a glass of wine for her.

"Well, well, well... I see you went behind my back to get this organized?"

"And Karen didn't even hesitate for too long about giving me the key." Stevie walked over to where he was sitting and sat down on his lap, greeting him with a kiss. "I hope it's okay?"

"It's more than okay." She said, wiping her lipstick off him. "I can't remember the last time anyone's done something so nice for me."

"I did good then?" Christian locked his hands around her, as she nodded, pecking him on the lips again.

"Very good."

"Hungry?"

"Depends on what for?"

"Oh?" He raised an eyebrow, causing her to chuckle.

"Actually yes, I'm starving and it smells so good! Did you cook something yourself?"

"Yes, I did." He stood up, taking her by the hand. "Come."

After dinner, Christian cleared the table and asked if Stevie wanted anything else, but she just smiled at him, shaking her head. "No, I want to go to bed." She said, trying to stifle a yawn.

"It's only 11pm and you're tired?" Christian teased and she rolled her eyes.

"This is our first real break after weeks of two and a half hours shows. I think I'm allowed to go to bed early every once in a while."

"Of course you are, baby." He was kneeling in front of her, as he took and kissed both her hands. "Would you like me to stay or should I come back tomorrow?"

"Don't be silly." Stevie ran a hand through his hair, then rested her palm on his cheek. "I don't want you to go, I want you to be with me the whole time I'm not with the band."

"Really? Because I'm taking some time off from work, so that would be great." She was still looking at him, but he could tell how exhausted she was, her eyes barely open. Christian smiled, tucking her loose hair away from her face. "You're falling asleep, babe. Come on, let's get you to bed."

Stevie went to the bathroom first to change out of her clothes and into her nightgown. She washed off her make up and brushed her teeth, then combed her hair and reentered the bedroom, where Christian was waiting for her, wearing his glasses, checking something on his phone.

"You look adorable." Stevie got under the covers and he put his phone and glasses away, to pull her closer.

"I know you definitely do."

"I don't understand how you can look at me without makeup on."

"Don't start with that again." He sighed, reaching to turn off the bedside lamp.

She turned onto her side and he did too, spooning her from behind. Stevie hadn't felt so relaxed in far too long as she was now. She couldn't believe how Christian made her forget, even about Lindsey.

"Christian?"

"Still here."

"Do you have any plans for Christmas?"

"Not really. I usually spend it by myself or with my brother and his family, but they're gone this year, they went on vacation to Hawaii. Why do you ask?"

"I want you to meet my brother and my niece, they're the only family I have left."

"You do?" He sounded surprised and she looked over her shoulder, thinking that maybe that was too soon.

"I just thought that we've been together for a few weeks and it's not like we're sixteen to not know if this is something real or not. Besides, Christopher might finally get off my back about being single or chasing after someone who isn't meant for me!" Christian was biting on his lip not to start grinning stupidly, because of what she probably didn't even realize she said. "What?"

"We're together?"

"Well, aren't we?" Stevie looked away, suddenly shy. "I'm too old for anything else, but a serious relationship."

"I am serious about you, about us. And I would love to meet your family."

"Good! We can leave tomorrow or on the 24th? Whatever you prefer."

"Tomorrow sounds good." He pressed a kiss to her cheek and she could turn away again, placing her hand over his, that was resting on her stomach. "Now sleep."

Stevie closed her eyes, feeling content, as she got comfortable. Christian was glued to her back, which was nice, she loved the warmth, especially from someone else.

"I love you."

But there was no answer. Although, Christian stopped worrying as soon as he realized Stevie was already breathing evenly, having drifted off before he said it. He smiled to himself at how angelic she looked and fell asleep as well.

~

Thank you for your amazing support!