Are you happy?

The time slipped away entirely too quickly. Not even one whole week left, Stevie wrote down in her journal. How many times had she said in interviews that she hoped to be in love by the time she turned 75? She surely didn't have to wait that long, but by that she meant, I honestly hope Lindsey gets his shit together and comes back to me. She sighed, closing her journal and tossed it away, curling up on her side in her bed, well, their bed.

Lindsey didn't back down, despite everything Stevie told him. He was being just as persuasive, trying to get through to her somehow, but nothing was working. She was so goddamn stubborn about this! Was she doing this to get back at him for marrying Kristen? No, she couldn't be that cruel to him or to herself.

Stevie couldn't lie and say she wasn't excited, because she truly was. She couldn't wait for the ceremony and then the reception, that she had organized so carefully. And she already knew how her hair would look like and the make up she would have applied. Her dress was gorgeous! Custom made, of course. She had been dreaming about this day for her entire life, so be it if it wasn't with the man she imagined.

She had fallen asleep and Christian came up to their bedroom and hour or so later, knocking softly. "Babe? Are you awake?"

She nodded her head, rubbing her eyes. "I'll be up in a few."

"Okay, because isn't your appointment with the florist today?"

"Oh, shit! That's right." Stevie sat up quickly, checking the time. "It's not in another two hours."

"Do you want me to take you or Karen will?"

"It's your wedding too, honey. I'd like it if you joined me."

"Of course." Christian smiled, sitting down on the bed. "Are you happy?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, that's what I mean." He laughed slightly confused. "Are you excited about marrying me this weekend?"

"Oh, no. Not at all. I feel like a have a gun held up to my head." She teased, walking into her closet for a change of clothes. "You know I am, Christian. I wouldn't be doing this otherwise."

"Good, because I do need some reassurance. This happened all so quickly, I don't want you to feel as if you're supposed to do this, you know? That you said yes and now you can't back out anymore."

Stevie sighed, walking over to Christian. She set her clothes aside and sat on his lap, locking her hands around his neck. "It did happen fast, but after I said yes, I've had another four months to reconsider."

"And you haven't."

"I have no plans to, no."

"You make me so happy." He left small kisses on her lips, feeling her breaking into a smile.

"Do you think I need breast implants?"

"What the fuck, Stephanie?!"

Stevie fell into fits of giggles, Christian's facial expression was priceless. "I was just thinking." She shrugged, after composing herself a little.

"Why would you think that?"

"I tried my dress on and the cleavage is just... well, empty."

"Don't be ridiculous. You're a handful baby, a perfect handful." He said, kissing her chest. "Leave them alone, okay?"

"I will, but you don't, deal?"

"Mhmm..." Christian trailed off, laying her down on the bed. "You're all perfect, every bit of you." A kiss here, a kiss there. "And I'm the luckiest man alive to call you mine."

Stevie responded to his hungry lips, enjoying the feel of his roaming hands, but then she broke the kiss, sitting up. "We have to leave soon, remember?"

"We can make this quick."

"Why don't we make it last, but later?"

Christian nodded reluctantly and let her change. "At least a get a strip show."

"I feel I should pay you for having seen this!" Stevie joked, buttoning up her blouse.

"You can if you wish, but I don't want money." He winked, making her blush.

"Can we go now?"

"Only if you're ready."

Stevie nodded and lead the way out.

~

Saturday came much faster than Stevie thought it would. She was sitting at her vanity, staring back at herself. She looked beautiful, very rarely did she think that of herself. Her hair in loose curls, her makeup light, her dress of chiffon and lace. It was exactly how she pictured herself at her own wedding. But... why wasn't she happy any longer? Where did that excitement disappear? Why was she all of a sudden thinking of Lindsey so much? Was he going to show up? And if he did, would it be to attend the ceremony and sit quietly with Christine, John and Mick or would it be to ruin it?

Stevie walked over to the window, looking at where the ceremony would take place. She saw her band members there already, minus Lindsey, her brother and niece, Sharon and Lori. A lot more of Christian's friends had arrived than she thought. She saw Christian, speaking to his brother, too. He looked handsome, any woman couldn't wait to get out there and marry the man, but she wasn't any woman and she didn't want just any man...

She sat down again, feeling a sudden rush of tears. She cocked her head back, willing herself not to cry. God... Everything was going perfectly fine until today! Not even today, she was alright two hours ago. No, stop it!, she told herself. She was trying to convince herself badly, praising Christian and diminishing Lindsey inside her head, remembering every thing he did to hurt her.

Karen looked at the time, that's it, I've given her all the time I could have, she said to herself and went up the stairs, to ask Stevie out.

"It's time, boss. Everyone's taken their seats, they're waiting for you." Karen said, eventually frowning. "Stevie? Is everything okay? That husband to be of yours is nervous as it is, don't keep him waiting." Nothing. "Stevie, are you in there?"