Chapter 21: Million Dollar Houses

I was working on a letter that I was sending out to Skittles when a shrill sound omitted from the other side of my room. Hopping out of my Indian style position, I walked over to where my phone was charging and took it off the cord.

"Hello?" I said, accepting the call.

"Hi, I'm looking for a Starr McClain" a voice said at the end of the line. The voice sounded slightly familiar if I think about it.

"This is she, can I help you?"

"Hi, this is Harper- from Mountain Side Creamary? I was calling about your recent job application." I sat up straight, being sure to pay close attention to her words as she babbled on.

"I reviewed you application thoroughly and I- I feel as if your skills aren't something needed here at Mountain Side. I don't have a job for you. I'm sorry."

"No, no, it's fine. Thank you for considering my application" I said as I hung up in disappointment.

I really wanted to have a job and spend my own money like how it was back in St. Louis. I am thankful for all the hard work my dad does for this family, but I feel like if I was co-dependant on his earnings, I'd be one of those spoiled rich brats.

That can not happen.

As much as I have undermined the narcissistic children of this world, it'd be hypocritical to become one.

Deciding that I needed to blow off some steam, I began my day 2 of exploring the city.

I waved to Freddy as he let me through the gate. I plugged in my earphones and pressed play on my music. Remembering the route I took a couple days ago, I altered it a bit to take me to a different area.

As I walked I sang along to the song.

"So what if I was just a painter?
Painting houses on the rich blue coast?
Would you ever try to leave me
for somebody who deserves you most?

'Cause darling I am just a painter.
I'm painting houses for the rich old folks.
I'm gonna make a million dollars,
'cause nobody's gonna steal you, no,
For diamonds and gold.
For diamonds and gold."

I began to feel Vic's voice and began to move to the lyrics of Million Dollar Houses as I skipped through the streets.

"'Cause I've broken bones for you, and for you only.
I make money but we just can't keep this home.
Give me your heart and your hand and we can run!
We can run, we can run baby, run now.
We can run baby, run.

She's like a bullet through an ocean,
I still remember how you moved so slow.
You tried to kill me with a shotgun.
Bang! Now we're even
We don't stop till someone's bleeding."

People began to surround me as I submerged myself in the music. This happens sometimes. If I listen to certain artists, I get in this zone where nothing around me is existent. Pierce The Veil happens to be one of them.

"Permanently yours.
Sometimes the moon looks brighter than the sun.
As times like this run up my wrist,
she hates all of the guts and blo-"

I stopped singing as some asshole ripped out my earphones, successfully killing my vibe.

I turned around to curse the guy out but he beat me to it

"You sing good.... You help me" the man puffed out. It was easy to tell that he struggled with his english.

"I'm sorry?"

As the stranger regained his breath from God knows what, he began his attempt at explaining what he wanted.

"I Subreo Sorentino, that my café" he pointed towards the coffee house down the street.

"Entertainment no show. You sing, I pay you $450." He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Sure" I said.

I finished this because I was stuck at the metro for over an hour lol.

Guys.....

My Belieber Anniversary is coming up....

06·12·07

Live. Love. Life. Bieber.

~Starr