Chapter 23: Decisions

Starr's POV

Working under Subreo wasn't all that bad, sure he was hard to understand at times and he yelled a lot, but he wasn't a mean guy. He was just naturally loud. He gave me free food a lot and he paid well. Judging from his appearance, he doesn't look like much, but he is a really savvy business man and knew when to get serious. He even taught me a thing or two.

It's been about a month since I've been working at Subreo's cafe and one thing I have noticed is the amount of publicity I've been getting.

It isn't much, but it's kind of weird when you're getting a bra fitting and the lady goes "you're that singing girl from the cafe!"

Yeah, awkward.

I wouldn't say its everywhere I go, but it happens most places. Following my arrival Subreo says that profits have increased tenfold and he's never seen is cafe so packed.

That was where I was headed now.

I entered the cafe through the back door, since last time i went through the front it took me a half hour to get through the crowd waiting on me.

"My Starr!" Subreo called "There is special person out there for you today"

I wasn't surprised. Subreo always had investors coming to see me preform. They would leave with big smiles, full bellies, and $20,000 less. Give or take.

Subreo patted my back and I walked out to the stage.

************

"Starr, this is nice lady I tell you about, Laila Ramos. Laila, Starr." I wasn't sure why I was the one talking to her but I didn't want to question it in front of her. We walked to a table, where I presumed she was sitting during my performance.

"Well, I'm not going to beat around the bush, I was impressed with your performance."

"Um, thanks. I apologize about Subreo's english -and the lack of it- but he is a really great business owner. I can get you in contact with the other investors and you could talk to them-" " Why are you taking about Subreo? This is about you"

"What?"

"I was in town I heard about your performance and I had to come check it out myself. You are amazing. I am from a management company in LA and I want to sign you" Laila said " You don't have to answer me right away, but I wanted to come meet you and give you all this information. Here is my card, call me when you're ready." She said as she walked out the room.

I was stunned. I didn't really know how to feel about this. I've only been working at Subreo's for couple months and already I have someone approaching me about having a management deal? I never really thought about becoming famous. Sure I was friends with Justin but that was about it. I didn't really need more popularity in my life, but this was a great opportunity for me.

Tucking the card in my wallet, I said goodbye to Subreo and headed outside to my car. I had a lot to think about tonight.

************

".......and now I don't know what to do" I finished.

"I don't know mama, you have to do what your heart says." My dad said. I had called him to get advice.

"My heart is indecisive" I said as I hung up the phone and dialed the number I was staring at.

"Hello...."

***************

*Sings Adele loudly*

I know, I know. You guys waited so long for this update just for to be all short.

To be completely honest, I'm not as motivated to write right now and I'm sort of writers block. But it's not really a writers block, it's more like a writer's hump where I don't really know how to progress the story the way I want and also it being my senior year, there's a lot of things going on for me as far as getting into colleges, which I have been putting off and procrastinating immensely.I hope you accept my apology.

I will try to update faster this time but no promises.

Live. Love. Life. Bieber.
~Starr