Chapter 3: When Mr. Rugby calls...

Authors note:

Hey you guys! I'm just really happy right now. I found out that one of my favorite Wattpadders, @P_Leisure, reads this story!!!! That's why this chapter is dedicated to him.

I also want to say that there will be chapters in this book that are kinda like fillers, but they are all necessary to my point. But, this is a longer and more eventful chapter.

♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪

★Starr's POV★

Wow, I'm so exhausted! Today was a Sunday, I hate working them the most. Usually when people leave church, they come here. I mean not to drive away business or anything, but if your coming from church, shouldn't you go to Churches Chicken? I mean, it makes since right? Because we had such a rush, everyone on our shift team had to work overtime.

"I just wanna go home, get in a nice bubble bath, and relax" Skittles said. "Oh you don't know how amazing that sounds right now" I sighed, torturing myself by imagining it.

We got into my car and I started it up. I was about to pull out the lot when music filled my ears. Hey pretty girl, tell me your name. The way that you movin' baby I'm happy you came...

I realized that it was my phone because I've never heard them play Twerk on the radio. I looked at my phone and my eyes widened. "Who is it?" Skittles asked. "Mr. Rugby" "Shit" she hissed.

Mr. Rugby is my caseworker, and a total killer of any upbeat mood. Whenever something happens with my mum and dad in court, is the only time he calls.

"Hi, Mr. Rugby" I said, the fake positivity oosing out of my words. "Hi Starr, how are you?" he asked, trying to make small talk. Mr. Rugby was a very posh man. He looked like the kind of guy that in high school, knew the definition to every word on the dictionary, but couldn't figure out swag. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy, but I can see him without at least snickering at his usual bulky glasses and suspenders.

"Mr. Rugby, I know you're trying to make this conversation positive, but you, me, and Skittles know that when you call, its just to be the unfortunate barer of bad news, so just..... what happened now?" I said taking a deep breath.

"Oh, is Skittles there?" "Hi, Mr. Rugby, you're on speaker" Skittles flatly said. I could tell that the fact of being in this whole suspenseful situation plus Mr. Rugby's stalling had the same stressful affect on her as it did me.

"Hello Skittles." There was an awkward silence, then he took in a breath and said "Okay, let's just get yo the point. Of course your mom and dad had another custody brawl, and....... your dad won." I was shocked. "What?! That's...... great, that's......AMAZING!!!" I've never really liked my mum, she is just so mean to me and I'm pretty sure the only reason she kept fighting was for the child support. I was a complete 'Daddy's Girl'.

"You didn't let me finish. Since you are now under custody of your father, you have to move with him and the twins." The twins were my little brother and sister. Their names were Ceasar Jr. and Ciara and they were both 4 years old. "Yeah, I know, they only live down the street from Skittles" I said happily. "Oh no, didn't he tell you? Your father is moving to Los Angeles as soon as you move in with him on Tuesday" he said.

"WHAT?!?!" both me and Skittles yelled in unison. "What about school, prom, what about Skittles? I can't leave!" I couldn't leave Skittles behind. It hurts to even think about it. I needed her. She needed me. We needed each other. "I've already contacted your school about the situation and they said you can graduate early. Unfortunately, you will be unable to attend the Prom. But maybe Skittles can come visit you" Mr. Rugby suggested, finally ending his explanation.

I just stared out into the distance. "Los Angeles..." I whispered as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪

A/N: Sooooo... how was it? Feeling the movie vibe, eh? I swear the only reason this stuff comes to me so easily is because I'm a ham. Oops, excuse my Canadianess, ham is like.... um.... actor, imaginative, extremely outgoing..... its kinda hard to explain. in sorry I took so long with this, my science professor has been bitching at me and I don't know why.... Anywhooo, I don't know what time it is in your place, but up here in Ontario, it's 12:29am and I had a long day, just barely holding on. TGIF! Live. Love. Life. Bieber.

-Starr