Chapter 8: "Don't say goodbye..."

Song of the Chapter:

Don't Say Goodbye by Skillet

✨Starr POV✨

Waking up the next morning was pretty depressing. I was well aware of the fact that it was Tuesday and it was my final day of being a St. Louis resident. I would have to say goodbye to my old life and start an entirely new one in LA.

Turning to my right, I looked at a sleeping Skittles. I stayed in her house almost everyday because I could barely stand being at home. This would be the last day of me waking up next to her, at least for a while.

I finally decided to slowly wake my sleeping best friend. She yawned and looked to my direction. The look on her face said it all. She knew Tuesday had finally came. "I know Skittles, it'll be alright."

I climbed out of the bed and slipped on a white tank top and black yoga pants with LOVE PINK written in pink on my butt. After brushing my teeth, I grabbed my purse and my carry-on bag.

"Starr, aren't you forgetting someone?" Skittles said. I turned around seeing her hold a purple and blue bear out toward me. Berry Bear. I've had that bear since birth.

"You keep him" I said to her. She looked astonished. "Starr, I can't do that. I know what you're trying to do, and it's sweet and all, but I can't keep Berry." The look on her face told me that I wasn't gonna win this one so I took the stuffed animal and put him in my purse.

I went outside and put the last of my bags in the trunk and backseat and began driving to the airport. The whole ride there was spent in a comfortable silence, in which I used the time to reminisce in all the memories I had with the girl sitting next to me.

We arrived a little later than we were supposed to so by the time we got through security, my gate was ready to board. That meant the time had finally come to leave to my beloved bestfriend.

I could already feel my eyes beginning to burn.

"Umm, okay Skit, remember when you get home the tow truck will be there for my car. Don't give him any money, I already paid. I'll call you when I land." I said, my voice cracking at the end as tears slowly made their way down my cheek.

"Okay. Well.... I guess this is goodbye, after 8 long years... I'm gonna miss you." Her fragile voice broke into a sob, triggering my sobbing too.

"No... no, no. Don't say goodbye, say see you later." I said. As I looked into her eyes, my heart broke. I could see the sadness and depression in them and I knew that this was just as hard for her as it is for me, if not, more.

She pulled me into a tight hug which I held onto tightly. "You'll always be my little sister, Skit" I choked out in a whisper directed toward her ear. "I love you Starr" she said, pulling me back so I could see her face. "I love you too, Sierra." for once in her life, the look in her eyes showed she did not mind me saying her real name. It seemed like she appreciated it.

We finally let got of each other. As I turned around, I could see people looking at us with sympathetic eyes. Although I was supposed to already be on the plane, it seems like no one had the heart to break us apart. I was thankful for that.

I finally got my ticket checked and began walking down the terminal. I looked back one final time to see the tears pouring down my bestfriend's face. While feeling new, hot tears shed my cheek, I blew a kiss to her. Skittles pretended to catch it and put it in her pocket. I turned and walked onto the plane, dreading what Los Angeles would hold for me.

So yeah. That's the chapter. I was crying so hard writing this because if you didn't know, Skittles/Sierra is my bestfriend so I could see this happening. Although I was very excited for this chapter because I knew it would be good, I was very disappointed because no one commented. The only reason I did update after like a month is because one person requested it. I can't remember your name but you know who you are. I really would like you guys to comment. Live. Love. Life. Bieber.

~Starr