Chapter 24: Seal the Deal

So I am pleased to announce that I just turned in my application to my dream college..... just thought I'd let you know.

Starr's POV

"Hey Starr" the line responded.

"Hey Jay"

"What's going on?"

"I have this.... dilemma. I was offered a contract with some management comp-"

"What? That's great!"

"It is?" I asked.

"Yeah. Well, I'll have to have my legal team look into the contract, but its great. Why?"

"I don't know if I want this. What if I'm not good enough?" I had my doubts about all this. There were a lot of things I was bad at. And I believe that list outweighed the things I was good at. I was known to mess up a lot. Back at my old job with Skittles, I wasn't allowed to use the fryers because the first time I did, I almost burnt down the whole restaurant. I was lucky I wasn't fired that day.

"Not good enough? You're Starr McClain!"

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you can do anything."

I didn't think his reasoning quite matched up, but I didn't feel like pointing this out.

********

"Just sign here and you'll be done."

A pen was put in my hand and i wrote my signature on the paper presented to me.

"Congratulations Starr, I look forward to working with you."

After a quick photo, I exited my new management building. I was officially signed under Fast Lanes Management. I seen they already began, when the picture we'd just taken was posted on my instagram.

Part of the contract stated that the company could control what I posted on social media for the first 2 years of the contract.

While this seemed a little extreme to me, Justin explained that this was a preliminary that most artist got in order to set up their image.

"It was in my contract too, word for word. Most management companies use the same contracts" he'd told me.

This was all so new to me. Working at the café, I had already built up a nice following, but since my photo was also posted on their company instagram, I had gained 3,000+.

There was supposed to be a celebration party at a local club for me to preform some covers for celebrities and recording companies next week, and with all this happening, I had to quit my job at Subreos.

He was initially disappointed, but purked up once I mentioned I planned to make frequent visits there when I got big. People love to eat at places celebrities ate.

"So this is really happening huh?" Justin asked me.

"I guess" I say, wiping mustard from the corner of my mouth. Justin offered to take me to a local diner.

"You know you'll have to make a song with me, right"

"Says who?" I laughed

"Give the people what they want"

"What makes you think they'll even want me?"

"If I want you, then they'll want you" he said, a look of shock came over his face.

"Did I just say that out loud."

"Yeah" silence evoked us as the awkwardness level increased.

"Yeah, I'm going to go, Jay" I said. I got up and waved at him before leaving the diner.

I didn't really know what else to do, and from the looks of it, I had a lot to think about.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, signaling a text message.

Laila:
Come down to the studio, we need to get to work

I guess my thinking would have to wait.
**********

Author's Note:
Suprise, this is the end of Still Stratford Sweethearts. There will not be a sequel, but I won't leave you guys hanging, as an epilouge will follow shortly after.

I want to thank you all for supporting me, and know that just because this book is done, doesn't mean I am. I have a new and better book under works and I feel you guys will thoroughly enjoy it. Keep an eye out for me.

Live. Love. Life. Bieber.
~Starr