STORY TO TELL

Just in time, the restaurant just opened and with still no other customers to fill in, a server rushed to them and greeted them asking to feel free accommodating themselves. Giving the menus and asking permission to leave and just call when ready to order.

“Okay, it’s on me this time, choose whatever you want. Let’s grab some beer also to lighten the mood”. Tee just casually talked to them and called the server to get their order.

While everyone is busy ordering, Kade’s phone rings. It’s Sam calling from the other line. Sam doesn’t usually call Kade but this time, it is her whose phone is available to ring.

“Oh! It's Sam calling”, “hello Sam…where are you? Tee just showed up.”

“On my way home, where are you guys, I can catch up”. Sam is in the other line.

“Just near the park, I’ll send you the location”. And Kade hung up just in time the orders arrived.

Tee asked Kade if Sam and Mon are coming. When hearing Tee, everyone just keeps quiet again, which makes Tee suspicious again.
“You guys keep quiet every time I ask about Sam and Mon, are they okay?” with a straight face of worry.
“Can anyone tell me something?”

Nobody cares to talk. It’s when Sam entered the room and greeted everyone emotionless. Don't bother to ask everyone why they are quiet and stunned. She sits and asks the server for a bottle of wine she usually drinks every time she’s upset. Then she managed to look at Tee with a heartless stare the way Sam just liked before she met Mon.

“Tee, how have you been? Welcome back”. Just simple greetings from Sam.

“Where is Mon? Aren’t you guys together? You work in the same company, right? With curiosity, Tee asked Sam with a high tone and some sort of upset feelings.

Sam looked at Tee that changed her mood from emotionless to teary eyed, feeling so missed and alone. Everyone just staring at Sam, that no one dares to speak, sips the drinks and makes their mouth busy.

“This is not my story to tell, you just come back. Can we just catch up? Look at Yuki, she’s now the happiest girl. Focus on her not on me.” And Sam smells the wine, shakes in a circle and sips.

Tee is about to speak, but when she looks at Yuki, Sam is right. They need to catch up, and there are some other times to talk about other matters. She then speaks and tells the rest to enjoy themselves.

Everybody enjoys the rest of the day talking, laughing and drinking.

#habittobreak

__________________________
Authors corner:

Please vote, comment and share 💙