SAVING MY LIFE

MON’S POV after two weeks

“SAMANAN!”

The house is dark, no traces of human existence. Only the moon rays light from the outside reflecting inside the house. The silence is like a dagger that strikes any every sound that stings the night.

“Where are you!?”

I rush in the room, but no traces of Sam can be seen inside. I saw her car outside, which means she didn't leave the house.

I heard water drops and I ran to the bathroom as fast as I could.

“Sam!!!! Sam!!!!”

I cupped my forehead asking myself, the moment I scanned the bathroom.

“Where the h*ll are you Sam?”

She is not here. I moved out of the bathroom and before I could reach the door, her phone lit up on the bedside table. I sprint to look for it and I read the notification coming from her doctor, she didn't show up for her appointment.

I was reading the message when I heard a loud bang from the outside so I rushed out without minding the stairs.

“SAM!”

Good thing I lit up the house upon entering. I saw some pieces of broken glass and a bottle of wine near the wine cabinet. I hurriedly walked towards it and there.

I saw Sam on the floor with her torso weak and wasted, with a bottle of alcohol from her right hand.

“SAM”

I rapidly kneeled and grabbed her head, putting it in my lap.

“Oh my God Sam, what happened to you?”

I wrapped her body with mine. I can still feel her breathing but it was weak.
She was so weak, I can feel it from her body temperature.

I hugged her as my tears flowed endless that I can’t contain my guilt, this time I don’t know if I can handle anymore.
I’m still hugging parts of her torso, especially her head, I don't know what to do.

“I'm sorry Sam. Mon is here now.”

I can feel she reacted from whispering my names.

It hurts looking at your love suffering like this. I am also hurt, but I am doing this for us to be together again.

FLASHBACK

6 days ago

“Sam, I can’t go home to your house now, I have an emergency and I don't know how long it will take. I promise, I’ll be back soon. I love you!”

I sent her a message because I need to fly to England as soon as possible. My father needs me and I have to be there.
I know we were just back together but I have to leave her again, but this time not that long.

I was busy everyday and I didn't notice that Sam has been calling me so many times as I check my phone.
For the last 5 days she has been calling and messaging me. That makes my heart shiver.

Day 1- 15 missed calls  12 messages

Day 2- 12 missed calls 9 messages

Day 3-  9 missed calls 6 messages

Day 4-  5 missed calls 2 messages

She even sends me voicemails that really break my heart into tears.
I didn't pay much attention to the messages, It just caught my attention recently.

Everyday, I receive messages with the same content saying..

“I LOVE YOU”
“I MISS YOU”
“I’LL WAIT FOR YOU”