HEARTACHE SAGA Part 2 (GRUDGES)

I was sitting in a corner of the bed next to Sam. I am here looking at the most beautiful person in my life.

"I was so selfish when I left you. I am so sorry. I missed you Sam."

What happened to her is my fault. I let her suffer everything.

___________________________________________
DOCTORS OFFICE...

"Mon, You are her lover who left her, right?"

I remained silent and processed what the doctor was asking.

"Sam is our regular patient here. She's always passing out."

But why? I always see her strong and healthy.

"She needs to take a rest, a complete rest. We've been giving her medication for 2 years, but she is not taking it. She is not eating and sleeping well. She's consuming her time hardly at work, and she is used to it. She forgot herself already."

I was so mean. I ruined her life. I can't imagine how hurt she was. My tears are falling, crying so hard.

"The first time I saw her, she was so devastated. She doesn't want to eat, sleep, talk or anything. All she does is stay in the room and drink wine. Her grandmother ordered me to give her sleeping pills so she can take a rest even just a bit, but when she discovers it, she refuses anything I gave her."

"How do you know everything about it?" I asked.

"I am their family doctor. I was treating her grandma when she first passed out."

"Sam needs to regain her strength, she only takes a rest if she's passed out because I make her sleep and stay here for 2 days. And when she wakes up, she's back on track and looks like nothing happens."

"We never saw her cry, but her heart is getting weak."
"I'm afraid, her body can't handle it, it's getting weaker and weaker. For now, she will be asleep for 2 days. Now, it is the second time this month. I wonder when will be the third time? Yes, she passed out two or three times a month."

"She managed to work because she knows that it is the only way to consume her time. She goes home late and sometimes she stays at the office."

"I've been talking to her sister, but she never listens. I'm afraid she'll end up dying."

________________________________________________________

I held her palm to my face. Her hands are so warm, I can now feel her pulse. Her heart beats now normal.
The color of her skin is now gloomy.

I was hurt too, Sam, but please don't be like this. I'm here now.
I can feel my tears falling from my cheeks. The room is covered with silence. My low voice echoed and small sobs were heard.

Someone breaks the silence from knocking the door. The Doctor came in.

"I've informed her secretary about this. She already knew about this. Don't worry, No one will come here to visit because Sam ordered that nobody is allowed to see her during this time."

I can't speak, because I don't know what to say. She's still the same Sam that hides her weakness. She doesn't want anyone to pity her.

"Mon, Just call the nurse on duty if you need anything." he continues when a nurse enters the room.

"Excuse me Doctor, I will just clean the patient and change her clothes." she said.

The doctor looked at me as if he was asking or saying something. The nurse is waiting for the answer when the doctor clears his throat.

"Ahm... nurse let me do it. Thank you." I said and they both left the room.

I was about to clean her when another knock on the door. I walk and silently open the door. It was Secretary Kim carrying our things. She put them on the couch and started to speak.

"Miss K, I ordered the cook in the restaurant to cook dinner for you." Kim said

"Thank you Miss Kim."

"How long will you stay here boss?" Kim asked.

I didn't answer her question because I don't know if I can manage to leave Sam in this situation. I grab my bag she brought and check on my phone. I see a lot of emails and notifications from clients.
It was almost 6:00 in the evening and I remember I had an appointment. But I'll let Kim handle it.

"Miss Kim, my meeting for 6:00, can you please attend for me? Tell the driver to drop you at the place."

She just nodded and smiled. I kept silent for about 10 seconds looking at Sam, when I heard Kim speak.

"I have to go now Miss K." and she's heading to the door.

She's holding the door knob when I called her name again.

"Miss Kim."

I looked at her and she's looking at me waiting for me to speak. I don't know but I just wanted to do this.

"Please cancel all my appointments for the next 10 days."

And I looked at Sam again. Miss Kim was shocked but she knew that it was an order.

"Yes Ma'am." she just answered and left.

As soon as Miss Kim left, I turned off my business phone and put it inside my bag.

I decided to change Sam's clothes and clean her.

#habittobreak

________________________
Authors' corner:

Thank you guys for reading... Godbless everyone!

Please dont forget vote, comment, share and follow 💙