Chapter 12

"Okay Bruce, what do we have so far?" After Bruce agreed to help us out, we made our way back to the Avengers compound to run some tests. "I think we're almost ready to try it out..." He fiddles with some buttons on a panel as Steve, Nat, and I stand by and watch. Scott had parked his van, with the back open displaying the Quantum tunnel, and was changing into his Ant-man suit.

"Ready Scott?" Bruce looks up at him from the control panel. "Not really, but let's do this."

"Okay...here we go. Time travel test number one, Taylor fire up the van thing." I walk over to the van and start it up just like Scott taught me. "Steve?" "Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby." Bruce nods and looks at Scott who is standing in front of the tunnel. "Good, cause if we blow the grid...I don't wanna lose tiny here in the 1950's." Steve and I whip our heads towards Bruce with a panicked look.

"Excuse me?!"

Nat diffuses the situation with a short laugh, "he's kidding!" She gives Bruce a glare, "you can't say things like that!" She says in a hushed tone.

Bruce gives a fake laugh, "just...it was a bad joke." Scott still looks panicked and I look at Bruce. "You were kidding, right?" I whisper and he shrugs, "I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here...either it's all a joke, or none of it is." He looks back up at Scott, who can't hear us, giving him a thumbs up. "We're good! Get your helmet on, Scott. I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Makes sense?"

Scott engages his helmet, "Perfectly not confusing."

"Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve places an arm protectively around my shoulder.

"You're right. I do, Captain America." He takes a deep breath and Bruce pushes a button, sending Scott into the tunnel.

"Okay on the count of three...3, 2, 1!" Bruce presses another button and a teenager appears in the ant-man suit. "Uhhh guys? This doesn't feel right?" Teenager Scott looks down at his body, "What's going on?"

"Uhhh...Hold on." Bruce presses another couple of buttons trying to fix the problem. "Is that Scott?" I ask and point at him, "Yes, it's Scott!" He quickly gets sucked back into the quantum tunnel before appearing again...this time as an old man. "Bruce?!" Steve yells. "Okay, okay, can I get a little space here!" Steve backs up, "yea, yea...can you bring him back?" Bruce rapidly presses buttons and taps the side of the control panel, "I'm working on it!"

After a moment Scott reappears...as a...baby?

"It's a baby." Steve says, stating the obvious. "It's Scott." "As a baby!" Bruce gives Steve a sheepish smile, "He'll grow!"

"Bruce! Bring Scott back!"

Bruce motions towards Nat and the main power source, "When I say kill the power, kill the power." She nods and rapidly walks towards the generator. Bruce pushes some buttons, "Kill it!" Nat pulls down the large lever and everything shuts down. Scott, the normal Scott, reappears from the tunnel.

"Oh god...somebody peed my pants." He says and we all let out a sigh of relief. "But I don't know if it was 'baby' me or 'old' me...or just 'me' me..." He pats his body over a few times.

"Time travel!" Bruce shouts, raising his hands above his head. Steve shakes his head and sighs. "What? I see this as an absolute win!" Steve grabs my hand and we exit the room as he mumbles, "just try to fix it, Bruce." We make our way outside of the compound and sit down on the bench. He looks defeated and hangs his head. I place my hand on his cheek, turning his head to look at me, "hey...we tried our best." He leans into my hand and sighs, "I know...I just feel like we failed. I take his hands in mine, "we'll keep trying." He kisses me and then pulls away as we hear a car quickly approaching. We lift our heads and look towards the deafening noise, breaking the silence.

Tony's Audi is speeding towards us and stops in front of us. Tony rolls down the window and looks at us. "Why the long face? Let me guess..he turned into a baby." Steve huffs and gives Tony a side smile, "among other things yea. What are you doing here?" Tony exits his car and walks around to the trunk. "That's the EPR Paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody should've cautioned you against it." He smirked and I rolled my eyes at him. "You did."

"Oh, did I?" He stands there acting shocked, "Well thank god I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." He displays his right hand, a device resting on it. "One fully functioning Time-Space GPS." He pauses for a quick second, "We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities. Bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I got? I have to...at all costs, and maybe not die trying will be nice."

"Sounds like a deal." Steve and Tony reach out their hands and shake each others hands. I smile at their interaction as Tony reaches into his trunk, pulling out Steve's shield. He hands it to Steve, who hesitates slightly, "Tony..." "Why? He made it for you. Plus, honestly, I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding." Steve fits his arm into the shield, still fitting him perfectly. "Thank you, Tony." He shuts the trunk and pulls me into a hug.

"We are getting the whole team, yeah?" Tony turns on his heel and walks into the compound. "We're working on that right now."

One after another, the others arrive. Rocket, Nebula, and Rhodey. Rocket was going with Bruce to get Thor from 'New Asgard' while Nat was going to find Clint, who was currently in Tokyo.

Once they were back, what was left of our team, our family, sat in a room. "Let's do this."