An Experiment Gone Wrong

Izuku's POV:

          "So Melissa I recall you mentioning graduating early," I said. 

          "Yeah, I did after this visit I'm going to help out my dad" she responded. 

          "Well, that's a shame I was wondering if you wanted to work with me an Marinette," I said. 

          "Wait you mean at Midoriya Technologies?" she asked. 

          "Yes," I said bluntly. "Specifically I want to start a tradition at Midoriya Technologies. When the CEO is replaced by the next generation, so too are the heads of the other two departments. When it was my parents they kind a both just stuck to their own lane. My Mother's fashion and my Dad's tech, this lead to a few arguments here and there. Usually when it came to implementing tech into hero suits. Marinette is already the head of the fashion department, you would be taking the tech department. The three of us work well together that's where I got the idea from. What do you think?" 

          "I love the idea, let me call my father and talk it through." she said hugging me. 

          "No problem," I said hugging back and with that she disappeared to her room for a while

Small time skip to dinner

          "I'll take the position Izuku," Melissa said as she walked into the dining room. 

          "Wonderful!" I exclaimed. "We have a big day tomorrow then, so eat up and we should head to bed."  

The Next Day

          While we ate breakfast this morning I explained to Melissa how the Science division including myself have been working on a clean renewable energy source. "The goal is to run our building off of it and eventually with enough data convince the government to switch to the energy source." 

          "Okay what's the end goal?" Melissa asked me. 

          "You'll have to read the research papers," Marinette interrupted me. "I didn't fully understand them myself but he had me read them over just explaining it incase we were kidnapped. He thinks read knowledge is more secure for some reason." 

          "It is when it is mostly scientific jargon," I said. "Think about it how well do you remember your science text books from school." 

          "Fair enough," She conceded.

          After passing Melissa the file we all loaded up in my car to head to work. I drove us the whole way Melissa was quietly reading the file in the back next to Marinette. 

          "So your trying to make a miniature sun to better study the fusion reaction of a star's core," she said. 

          "That and we think we can make a small Dyson sphere of course and learn from that to create clean energy," I said. 

          "Interesting how many tests have you preformed?" she asked me. 

          "Well new calculations after failure take me around two to three months," I said calmly. "I started working on it a little while after my parents death, took me about a year to create the tech to attempt to produce the sun. The first attempt was near immediate collapse, and I've had a few pretty close attempts over the last year. I think I finally have it this time though, but we'll see the next attempt is today." 

          "Today!" Melissa shouted.

          "Yeah you'll be down there with me," I said. "I have a good feeling about today I think it will work."