49. Epilogue

February 2nd, 2023 8:36 am

Starting Anew:

I unlocked the door and pushed it open. Walking inside my shoes clacked on the floor of the empty house, bouncing off the walls and back to my ears. The place was gorgeous. It had that new house smell and had just enough space. The floors were a beautiful wooden gray paired nicely with the pure white walls. The fireplace against the wall near the living room window had been painted a pretty ocean blue. There were two more windows in the room making the light come in strong. The kitchen and living room were separated by a door. It was an odd design but I didn't really mind it. I would probably just take the door off and leave it like that.

I set my keys down on the kitchen counter and did a small spin around. I didn't get a house with stairs this time. The only stairs here were the ones that lead into the basement. Everything was on the ground floor. A new house in a new area. A new chapter in my life. It was something I needed. I made my way toward the bedroom, the two black wooden doors greeted me and I opened them, walking inside and looking around.

The bathroom was on the left side of the room and the closet was on the right. When I first scoped out the place I fell in love with the walk-in closet. The bathroom was fancy with a tub and shower separated and a small section just for the toilet. The room itself was huge and I could already see how I would set it up. The walls were painted a beautiful mossy green by the previous owners and I decided I was gonna leave it like that.

The color scheme I had in mind fit the walls nicely. The room had two large windows that gave a clear view of her room and outside without curtains. It let the light come in and liven the place up causing the green to get a little brighter and remind you of the trees in a forest. I walked out and into another room. It was a smaller room that I will make an office once I got all the equipment I needed. I walked out of the room and back towards the living room so I could get to the Uhaul and start bringing in my belongings.

This was it. I was off to a good start. I liked my surroundings and the quiet neighborhood I placed myself in. I was doing it. Starting over and making time for myself. This journey would be one I go on alone and find pieces of myself again. I'll make new friends, maybe get a new job, and live. I'm starting anew.