Intro

"Are you excited to come home with me for break?" Marie said

"Yup. I do not want to go back to my house. Honestly, I don't even want to be in my state" I laughed

"Whelp. We are going to have to do some shopping. But you should be good." She laughed

"Oh, I have the essentials in this bag. That you have never seen" I smiled

Walking back over to my bed, I grabbed a duffel bag from underneath and threw it on top. Opening it up, Marie walked over and laughed.

"When the hell did you get that?" She asked

"I had this. Last time I went home, I threw it all in a bag and brought it with me. Just in case" I smiled

"So I guess I don't have to teach you much?" She smirked

"No you do. But I know odd and ends of a few things since i've been around it. But what y'all do? Yeah no" I said

My friend shook her head with a smile and we continued our room check. Well us making sure we have what we need and anything that can't last the break in this room is either coming with us or getting tossed. Or given away, depends. We are in college, and spring break starts tomorrow. Lucky for us, we both just have some morning classes and can be out of here by noon. We might eat lunch first depending on the weather since it's suppose to rain. I'm going to stay with Marie for spring break and her family in Montana. And yes, her family are ranchers. She's going to school to be a Veterinarian and this is her last semester. She already has a job lined up for her when she graduates, with her families vet. I'm going to be a vet tech and am also in my last semester. I do have to do field work before I can take my boards but I don't even know what I am going to do for that. I've had kennel jobs while in school and a tech job I ended up leaving because of the vet that ran it. But hey, I don't know.

"Okay. I think we are good. Do you want to pack my truck tonight?" Marie asked

"You know, i'll drive too if it makes it easier" I said

"Your truck might break." She said back

"I know. But you live on a farm there's enough room to fix it" I said

"I'm getting your ass on a horse, you're not spending all of your time on your truck you do that enough here" She laughed

"Fine" I smiled "Let's pack tonight then, in case it does rain."

She nodded and we started bringing our bags down stairs. She has a bed cover on her truck so our bags and some stuff are going back there. We have snacks for the ride so that's going in the back seat. I have a nice cooler that we are bringing so I carried that down, empty of course. We emptied most of the stuff out of our fridge by either tossing it or eating it except drinks because they can last.

"Hey i'm gonna pack the cooler with some drinks then we can just dump the ice on top tomorrow" I said "If you want something to start I guess pick it now"

Marie nodded and grabbed an energy drink and carried that back up stairs, it was the last one in the pack. I don't really drink them so she's killed the whole 24 pack this semester and she bought that a couple weeks ago. I grabbed a Gatorade and brought that up after tossing the trash in the cans. It is a five hour drive to her house, so we also have regular snacks. I think we are going to eat before we leave.

"Bec did we eat dinner?" Marie asked

"Yes" I laughed

"Oh, I forgot. Did we pack all the snacks? Hmm?" Marie said looking around

"First thing i'm asking your family is if you do this at home" I laughed

"I do" She smiled back

Shaking my head, I sat on my bed and looked over some notes before pulling my computer out. Time to job search for back home. I did have a tech assistant job but that place closed. I was also 19 at the time. Worked for two years after high school before deciding to go to school. And I chose a far away one because my family was driving me insane. There's family drama, then there's my family and their drama. I'm over it. So 23 year old me is practically on the other side of the country and I don't want to go back. I live on the east coast, yeah i'll miss some aspects, but I don't want to go back.

"You ready for our five hour drive tomorrow?" I asked

"Nope. I hate doing this drive in the rain. But it's better than then snow" Marie said

"Oof. Why couldn't I come in the snow" I laughed

"You didn't want to" She laughed back

"Yeah I know." I smiled looking over at her

She just shook her head and buried herself back into her books. I don't know how we ended up being roommates but i'm glad we did. My original roommate my first semester had some weird break down the first week and dropped out. Then all of a sudden they asked if I wanted to switch rooms or pay for a single. I opted for the cheaper version of course. So I moved all of my shit to a different building and met Marie and we've been friends ever since. Even though she's about four years older then me. Hey vet school is a long time, that's why I opted for tech.

"Well, i'm gonna go to bed, don't stay up too long" I said

"I have a test tomorrow" Marie said

"Oh, that's dumb. Good luck" I laughed

"Thanks pain" She replied

I smiled and got changed into my pajamas. Using the bathroom, I did my nightly routine and got under my covers.