0

A/N: A Hit or Miss book!

Let me know what you think!

XXXX

XXXX

It was dark by the time I pulled into the driveway. And despite missing curfew by an hour, I leaned back and enjoyed the view of my home from an outsider's point of view.

The large white house looked like a mansion with a large porch and white pillars that screamed big money. It had oversized gates connected to the fence surrounding the property and a driveway looping to fit more cars, even though the three-car garage was a quick pull inside to store their prized vehicles.

I knew there was no reason to pull into the garage. My father enjoyed it when the neighbors and his friends commented on the beautiful assortment in front of our affluent home.

The inside was no different. Smiling pictures of the three children scattered across the house along with all the rest of my father's bragging rights for his company, his family, his money -- it was all about money. There wasn't a single thing inside the home that wasn't worth mentioning to someone in yet another conceded conversation with people he'll call friends to their face and complain about the second they're out the door.

And here I thought moving to Lima, Ohio, would have been a nice change of pace.

My eyes slowly moved out my passenger window when I spotted a body moving quickly toward my car. A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I turned the keys and let my engine fall, leaving me in a silence buzzing with the radio singing a low tune until the door to my right was yanked open.

"You're late." My sister's voice was filled with annoyance as she released a disgusted sound and looked around my car. "It smells like weed in here, Valerie."

"Yeah." My eyes widened in the slightest as a tight-lip smile slipped onto my face. "I wonder why."

"Not funny." Quinn shook her head in disgust as she looked around the car and evaluated my belongings as distracting.

It wasn't hard to see when she was bothered by something. Quinn and I were twins, after all. She had my face, and I had hers, down to the nose job. Besides Quinn now being a blonde, there wasn't much difference between us visually to the naked eye. My father had insisted we both get together in middle school so no one could tell we had any work done if his identical twins looked different.

Another thing he wanted was outrageous, but I had to agree with it in order to be inside this family. No fifteen-year-old should be thinking about running away as much as I had over the years. It was difficult inside our beautiful home, but I would never leave my little sister. Sometimes, Quinn was the only one that made me feel understood.