15

A/N: Warning: Short discussions on drug addictions and eating disorders.

XXXX

XXXX

Before the sun could break into the sky, Brenda found herself walking down the front sidewalk toward a busted up car across the street against her mother's knowledge for the first time in two years. She looked back half way into Hamilton street and looked over the run down house she was embarrassed to call home.

Home was a word Brenda couldn't understand. Maybe that was why she was willing to move out so quickly with Valerie and the baby. So she'd finally escape the bad memories that filled her mind anytime she walked inside.

"Brendie." A man rounded the car with a wobbled stride and unsteady posture. "Well, look at you."

Brenda raised her head enough to meet the man's identical eyes and sighed hugging Quinn's letterman close to her body for comfort. She could feel the tears fighting to form in her eyes, chest tight when the man's bruised arms came into view. She'd recognize the heroin injection evidence from any distance.

"Come on. Give me a hug, would ya?" The man laughed lightly, stepping forward and yanking Brenda into a tight hug.

"Hi, Dad."

XXXX

Quinn hovered in the doorway of her sister's room and licked her lips nervously when Brenda began unpacking what was in her book bag. Her eyes widened at the sight of large cash stacks being stuffed in her sister's drawers.

"Did you get paid?" She asked, stepping inside and closing the door behind her.

"No. Not till after the drop." Brenda stopped Quinn before she touched the money, wiggling her gloved hands. "Don't put your prints, okay? It's unwashed drug money."

"Unwashed? You...You have to clean it?" Quinn asked, kneeling down and watching Brenda sort through her bag. "Brenda...How dangerous is this job you're doing?"

"Highly." Brenda looked up and sighed. "But I don't have a choice. So I need you to please not mention this to anyone. I don't want you involved in my shit more than you already are."

Quinn pressed her lips together and watched Brenda take out a wrapped brick-looking package. Brenda shoved it under some clothing without hesitating. The brunette pushed the drawer closed and turned around to face her girlfriend.

"Okay...Okay, the truth is...My dad's a heroin addict." Brenda confessed, as Quinn's brows pulled together. "When I was three, he used me as collateral for some drugs. Coke, heroine, pills, you name it. He wanted the good shit and said he'd have the money and I was his only insurance."