18

A/N: How are you today?

XXXX

Sam lifted his arms above his head to begin another set of curls in preparation for his girlfriend's return, despite being affected by the influenza outbreak that hit McKinley and Jax's growing disdain for anyone other than his mother, the older Fabray twin was ready to get back to school.

He squared his shoulders and refused to let the burning hold him back. His eyes shot to the left as Noah Puckerman strolled in front of him, flexing his guns in the mirror.

"Is that safe—" Puck turned around, kissing his muscles. "With your shoulder all fucked up?"

"Doesn't feel messed up to me." Sam insisted, staring through Puck as if he hadn't blocked his view. "Now that I'm healthy, I'm gonna be gunning to get my job back."

Puck laughed, crossing his arms. "Good luck with that."

"Don't need luck." Sam switched to lower curls. "I'm the better QB One."

"Coach isn't gonna replace Finn while we're winning." Puck tapped his temple, rolling his eyes. "Come on, dude. Use that thick skull."

"He can't win every game." Sam placed down his weights and stretched his arms. "Look, man, I want to be friends with you—civil here. We're mates on the team and in the club, but I'm on the cusp of being one of the most popular guys in school."

"Wow. I, uh—" Puck chuckled, sitting down on the bench to watch Sam keep himself loose. "I didn't think you were the type that cared about that stuff."

Sam shook his head. "Everyone does."

"I know a girl that doesn't." Puck smirked, leaning back on his hands when Sam's sharp jaw flexed. "Oh, you know it's true. You'd be better off with Quinn than Val."

"Quinn is gay."

"A good guy doesn't care about that."

"A good guy doesn't say shit like that." Sam scoffed. "Stop making me sound shallow. Being on top means Valerie doesn't have to take anymore crap. She's got enough on her plate, and I don't want her stressed about slushies and junkies picking on her anymore."

"Being a BQ isn't gonna put you on top." Puck turned his head to watch Finn scrub his gym shirt out in the sink, red stains along his neck. "Especially since you can't even get Valerie to sleep with you."

Sam grabbed a pair of larger weights and pretended like he wasn't struggling to breathe. He took a few sharp breaths before lifting them up and continuing with his curls.

"Oh?" Puck smirked, eyeing the vein bulging from Sam's neck. "Hit a nerve? Can't get your dick wet? Before you were here, she'd be in my car with one text."

"Watch it, Puckerman." Sam slammed the weights down to the floor and side eyed Puck as he turned away to grab his water bottle. His chest heaved, thinking about Valerie's emotional state after her run in with Puck in glee last week.

Mr. Schuester stupidly put them as partners for dance work runs. Sam helplessly watched as Puck and Valerie danced together, seeing how uncomfortable the redhead became with his suggestive touch. Sam wasn't sure what Puck whispered in Valerie's ear that made her shaken up, but he wasn't going to let it pass that easy.

"I will." Puck stood up and strolled directly past Sam. He shot him a cocky smirk, eyeing the way the blonde stressfully rubbed the sweat off his face with his shirt. "I'll watch you crash and burn while I prepare to get my girl back."