13

A/N: Who's here?

XXXX

Valerie read through the script Mr. Schuester reworked, scratching her eyebrow. She flipped the page, tucking her hair behind her ear and nervously glancing around the room.

"Hey, relax." Sam held her hips as he arrived behind her, kissing her shoulder. "You practiced all night last night. You got this. Show Jax how cool his Mom is."

"His mom's pathetic." Valerie groaned, turning around and pouting up at her boyfriend. "I hate this. What was I thinking? I don't even like this type of stuff."

"You were thinking of hanging out with your best friend." Sam glanced toward Brenda as Quinn fixed her fake glasses and kissed her face. "And I get it. It's okay. Just pretend it's you and her. Having fun like you told me before. Did you two pretend with these lines a bunch before?"

"In my bedroom."

"Pretend this is your bedroom." Sam cupped Valerie's face and smiled down at her. "You did amazing when we practiced. It's just a rehearsal. No one expects you to be perfect."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yes, yes, okay." Valerie nodded her head, stepping forward to hug Sam. "Thank you."

He kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back. "Hey, I believe in you, Val. You got this."

Mr. Schuester clapped loudly and grabbed the room's attention. "Alright, places, Team One. Let's check out Quinn and Brenda!"

Valerie frowned. "I thought Brenda and I were team one?"

The man glanced between the two twins and shrugged. "Well, Quinn and Brenda have a lot of chemistry. You get it." He explained. "You can practice with Brittany after."

"But..." Valerie looked at Brenda. "I thought we would perform together?"

Brenda motioned to Quinn. "She is my girlfriend, and it makes sense for me to kiss her and stuff."

"You can be with Brittany." Mr. Schuester brushed off the teen's disappointment. 

When Valerie's face fell, though she nodded quietly and leaned into Sam, Brittany bounced over to sit beside the redhead. She leaned her head on her arm, smiling when Valerie eventually leaned away from Sam and into her side.

"Let's start with Damn It, Janet." Mr. Schuester sat down, only turning away from his script when he heard a not-so-quiet whisper.

"I cannot wait until Brenda takes her top off again."

Quinn spun around quickly and narrowed her eyes at Artie. "What are you talking about?"

"I-I... I just read that part of the script was Brenda taking her top off." Artie motioned to the part where Brad takes his shirt off. "She's in her underwear."

"I'm what?" Brenda's eyes widened, flipping the pages of her script. "Wait, do we have to do that today? I-I... lost them."

"Your script?" Mr. Schuester frowned.

"Uh—" Brenda glanced at Quinn's pink face. "No, my underwear. I... was changing in the library and lost them... in an aisle."

"Happens." Brittany agreed.

The teacher stared at the couple, eyebrows slowly raising to the ceiling.

"You were changing in the library and lost your underwear?"