13

A/N: I've noticed we're already making ship names...What have we come up with?

XXXX

XXXX

The New Directions left the venue with a large first place trophy in their hands. And though there were a few extra glances in their direction, Valerie was pretty sure it was due to the mediocrity that Mr. Schuester caused by getting Sue Sylvester suspended from being the Cheerios coach for a full two months before the woman blackmailed her way back into her position leading her team.

However she did it, Valerie strolled by Mr. Schuester and Coach Sylvester's explanation of her professional sit down with Principal Figgins without a care in the world. She glanced around the halls she had come to miss after an emotional holiday away from the family traditions she loved and hated.

Her eyes lingered on Rachel Berry's cat calendars as she threw them up in Finn Hudson's face. She rolled her eyes, offering the boy a sharp look when his eyes found hers, then continued down the hallway with her music blasting in her ears.

Among the multiple couples that had formed while on winter break, Finn was suffering in silence with Rachel Berry. Valerie would know because the boy somehow felt his betrayal gave him a reason to be friends with her. She picked at him over his relationship, but Valerie still had no choice but to feel bad for Rachel in this equation since Finn got all his advice from a thirty-year-old divorced man that ran a glee club and sang his feelings to children.

Valerie licked her lips and paused in the hallway when she noticed Brenda at her locker. She wanted to approach and talk to her friend, but they hadn't said much since the entire situation with her sister. She was well aware that Brenda had chosen Quinn's side in this entire argument, and Valerie felt a bit betrayed by it.

Brenda was her best friend. She needed someone to complain about her family without sides being taken. Now she realized why Quinn would suddenly act differently when Valerie spoke to Brenda about her feelings with the pregnancy and her family.

Brenda was a snitch.

Unfortunately, Valerie didn't have any other friends and she loved that snitching bitch.

Valerie stepped forward to approach them, but a tall blonde cut her off with a smile. She stepped back and raised a brow, tilting her head.

"Uh, hi." Valerie glanced around. "What's up?"

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" Brittany asked, smiling when Valerie choked on air.

"Excuse me?" Valerie blinked a few times. "Date? With you? I mean, I like free food so–"

"Oh, my god! Really?" Brittany grinned. "I really wanted you to join us in breaking up Rachel and Finn."

Valerie narrowed her eyes at the smiley girl. "I'm not catching whatever wave you're directing me toward, Brittany." She admitted, glancing behind her at Rachel's ranting. "I'm pretty sure she's about to ruin her own relationship."