33

A/N: Who's here?

XXXX

"Hey!"

Brenda looked over her shoulder and groaned when she spotted Rachel sprinting after them down the hallway. She exchanged a look with Brittany before the blonde took her arm and turned to face their club captain.

"Hi, Rachel." Brenda huffed.

Rachel ignored Brenda's rolling eyes and turned to Brittany. "We need to talk."

Brittany frowned. "But we are talking?" She said, glancing at Brenda.

"Why are my leg warmers on your arms?" Rachel asked.

Brenda's nose wrinkled.

"That's kinda gross." She muttered.

"I got cold." Brittany shrugged.

Rachel stomped her foot lightly and looked around with an anxious whine. She moved to spare the student body any view of the fashion disaster in front of her.

"We had a deal." Rachel reminded her. "As I explained, I am in the midst of a career resurgence, okay? I am done with boys, and I am concentrating fully on my career now."

"What career?" Brenda snorted.

Again, Rachel ignored the girl. Her eyes had, however, fallen to the way Brittany laced her fingers with Brenda's, with no concern for the Fabray backlash.

"The only way to make a complete comeback is to dominate popular discussion." Rachel said. "Maybe launch a trend or two. I gave you half my allowance so you could take a signature look of mine and make it popular."

Brittany's face twisted with confusion. She didn't understand what the issue was when she had followed every direction Rachel had given her. If she wanted to make rules, she should have made the rules before Brittany was paid.

"And we decided that leg warmers were more likely to catch on than reindeer sweaters." Her eyes crossed as she looked up at her eyebrows, trying to look into her brain for more information.

Brenda giggled. She caught the motion from a quick glance away from her phone before returning her eyes to her messages between Quinn. Her smile slowly fell, reading the different excuses from her girlfriend that somehow made it okay she got in another argument with a Skank.

Quinn wasn't a cheerleader anymore. There was only so much Brenda could do underground to keep her safe. It made things one hundred percent worse when Quinn was openly starting fights with Skank members in class and during lunch hours.

"But it won't work if you insist on wearing them incorrectly." Rachel whined.

"I didn't realize there were rules." Brittany pouted.

The blonde squeezed Brenda's hand when she noticed her eyes sadly gazing at her phone.

"Of course there are rules! They're leg warmers!"

Deciding against messaging Quinn back, Brenda slipped her phone in her back pocket and took a quick step into Rachel's space. She shook Brittany's tight grip on her hand loose and grabbed the front of the girl's annoying poncho.

"What the fuck are you yelling at her for?" Brenda shoved Rachel against the wall, fire flaming in her eyes. "You think I'm gonna let you treat members of our team like that?"

"Bren!" Brittany grabbed Brenda's right wrist and shook her head. "No, no. Please, no violence."

"I paid good money for her to help me!" Rachel flattened herself against the wall and squeezed her eyes shut. "Brenda, this is assault!"