17

A/N: Who's here?

XXXX

Walking through the courtyard, Valerie was unexpectedly hit by every ounce of food on her tray. She gasped, dropping the tray to the floor in shock as her cream shirt was covered in pasta sauce.

"What the hell?" She spun around to see a group of Cheerios laughing, led by none other than Santana Lopez. "What the fuck is your—"

Valerie gasped as a random student sneezed in her face. Her jaw dropped in shock, feeling absolutely disgusted between the trashed food and germ assault.

She glared at the back of Santana's head. She thought they were past this back and forth violence after Rocky Horror, but obviously it was only a momentary break.

"Lopez!" She shouted. "You are so..."

"Sick."

Sam's eyes widened as his girlfriend dragged her feet into the choir room later that week. She looked like a bus hit her between her messy hair, half done makeup, and blurry red nose.

"I'm fine." Valerie grumbled, trying to hug her boyfriend but he took a large step back. She whined, pouting her lip as the boy looked around for Quinn. "Sammy, I said I'm fine."

"You look really sick." Sam gently grabbed her shoulders and forced her to sit down at the piano bench. "Maybe Quinn should take you home."

"I don't get sick." Valerie shook her head. "Quinn gets sick."

One by one, students joined their seats and snuck surprised looks in Valerie's direction. It wasn't until Mr. Schuester walked into the room that the attention fully turned to Valerie's state.

"Holy—" Mr. Schuester cleared his throat. "Valerie, do you have a fever? You look sick?"

"I look that bad?" Valerie whimpered.

Sam shook his head. "No, no, you look—"

"Who let Annabelle in here?!" Artie screamed when Valerie turned her head to glance toward the next student trailing into the room. He quickly rolled away and the redhead scoffed. "Oh, god. Valerie's scarier than the doll."

Mr. Schuester laid his hand against her forehead and looked around. He sighed, not seeing the other Fabray twin yet. He could only assume Brenda and Quinn were losing underwear in the library again.

It didn't take long for Mr. Schuester to feel the radiation of heat off Valerie's head. He pulled away and looked at Sam.

"She's gotta go home. Can you take her?" He asked. "She's got a fever. I have no doubt."

"I have a test next hour." Sam winced. "Quinn might be around here somewhere? I can try calling her."

"We don't have time to wait for them. She can't be here getting everyone else sick." Mr. Schuester looked around, his eyes brightening with an idea and Brittany and Santana walked into the room mid-conversation. "Santana, Brittany, have you had your flu shot?"

"What's that?" Brittany frowned.

Santana chuckled at her friend. "I've had mine. Why?" She asked.

"I need you to take Valerie home."

Santana's face scrunched in disgust. She looked down at Valerie and washed it all away, tears pooling in the hazel-eyed girl's gaze enough to make the Latina stepforward.

"What happened to you?" She asked, smacking Valerie in the face lightly as she felt the flushness of her cheeks. "You're really hot."

Santana's eyes widened, not missing the glance Valerie took toward her boyfriend.