2

A/N: Who's here?

XXXX

XXXX

The musical world Valerie was attempting to escape to was yanked from her reach when the earbud disappeared from her left ear. She looked at her mother in the driver's seat, sighing and painfully looking back out the window.

"Vallie, I'm just concerned, is all." Judy's soft eyes approached the subject again, now parked feet within the building that she hoped would pull her middle daughter out of this funk she's been stuck in since the birth of her first grandchild. "Your sister will go in with you, and Jax is safe with Quinn. Frannie and I agree on this and...it's one of the only things we do nowadays. The court does too."

Valerie remained quiet when she noticed an approaching blonde crossing the road. They weren't far from Frannie's college. She should have known that bitch would crawl out of her cave to make sure Russel's wishes were met. She shook her head and shoved Judy's hand away when she attempted to unbuckle her seatbelt.

"Vallie..." Judy unclipped the buckle with little resistance once Frannie knocked on the window. "It's only a trial run. You have to do better in school if you want to graduate with Quinn and these... these habits of yours won't help you."

"This isn't going to help either."

"Assaulting an old woman, getting high, and hanging out with that Puckerman boy won't help you."

"I never said..." Valerie looked away from her mother and glared at her older sister. "Just get her out of here."

"Your anxiety is only getting worse." Judy pointed out. "Frannie thinks these panic attacks will become disabling if we don't get you help. We—"

"When did we start listening to Frannie?!"

"You're anxious constantly, honey! Quinn said you're crying at night from nightmares."

"Because I stopped smoking. It calmed me. I get anxious when I can't smoke." Valerie scoffed, leaning away from the window as Judy rolled it down for Frannie. "What do you want?"

"Don't get snippy with me. I'm not a teenage mother doing drugs." Frannie leaned in the window and smiled softly at her mother. "Hi, Mom. Are we ready?"

"We're getting ready." Judy rubbed Valerie's arm. "Please, sweetie. These meetings could really help you. Frannie will be right there."

"I told you." Valerie looked at her mother, pleading with her eyes. "I stopped smoking cigs and dropped pills. My anxiety is bad when I don't smoke weed. I barely do it now!"

"But you have..." Judy sighed. "I saw Noah—"

"He owed me some money. That's it. We're not even..." Valerie gulped. "We're not dating anymore. He's in clubs with me. That's it."