¦ EPILOGUE ¦

Dandelions Again
>>>>---- 🥀 ----<<<<

Six damn months!

Ashwin had waited that long but no more. The jitters were getting him indeed because last time Ashwin proposed to someone it didn't end well.

But no matter what, this has to happen today!

The car comes to a stop and Ashwin heaves a huge sigh. He looks at the rear view and adjusts his posture, his appearance and makes sure he looks the best.

Ashwin slowly turns around but freezes upon seeing Shreya asleep, curled on the passenger seat beside him.

She had to rush from work to the dinner arranged by Radha to celebrate Ashwin's success in finally opening his own software firm. A little setup as a start.

Therefore, Shreya dozed off in tiredness leaving Ashwin no heart to wake her.

He uncomfortably shifted, should he do this? Or not?

He was too impatient in this matter, it was like he'll explode if he doesn't tell her ever since Ashwin found out he loved her.

There were no reasons to love Shreya, she was his luciform that lit his life after it was shut down to darkness out of a sudden. He had no idea of what, how and why certain things happened to him, but universe couldn't have given him a better solace that kept him going.

Shreya

Ashwin gently smiles when Shreya mumbled something and grins in her sleep. Whatever dream that brought that smile on her face, he didn't want to break it.

He had waited 182 days, sure he can wait one more.

>>>>---- 🥀 ----<<<<

After taking the keys from Shreya's handbag, Ashwin quietly opened the door while he carried her to her house. With the help of the unit and floor number written on a tag with the key, he easily identified her house. Suddenly, he felt something tugging his shoes.

Ashwin looks down and finds an adorable dog, wiggling it's tail and staring at him as if it recognised him.

Weird, he thought before gently sending it off and went into her house.

This place looked familiar, this was his first time coming but also felt like he had been here before.

Ashwin somehow went to Shreya's room and laid her on the bed. She was tightly scrunching the violet shirt he was wearing and Ashwin smiled.

With a heavy heart, he pulls Shreya's hands away from him, mentally promising himself to never do that again when she pouted. Ashwin tucks Shreya into the bed and turned to leave when something caught his eyes.

A dried and obviously dead flower in a small photo frame was placed on the bedside table next to her. Ashwin took it in his hands and looks closer only to notice that it was a dandelion.

She must love them too? What an irony!

But why a dead one? Could there be a reason?