Chapter 8

A month and a half had passed since Roc and I had our movie night. I had become closer to the other guys, especially Roc. We basically did everything together and eventually my feelings for him had subsided, mostly. I had even told him that I used to have feelings for him and we had a good laugh about it. But being around him with his shirt off still made me nervous a little. But I couldn't imagine what female he wouldn't have that effect on. I had started spending more weekends at Roc's for movie nights and just to chill. I didn't let my heart beat fast when we snuggled up together, which we were doing at his house while we watched the Mindless Behavior movie. Roc had me next to him with his around me. 

Roc- Did you like this part?

 I laughed and playfully rolled my eyes. Every time he got even two seconds on the screen, he would ask me if I liked that part. 

Me- You keep asking me that. And like I said the other 30 times you've asked, yes, I did.

He nodded and smiled.

Roc- Just making sure. 

His face broke into a grin. 

Roc- Hey, look at my mommy. We were just so wavy back then. 

He took his arm from around me and laid his head in my lap and looked up at me.

Roc- So, I've been dying to know Niccolette. Who's your favorite member?

I laughed.

Me- Really? That's such a hard question Roc. I think I'll get back to you on that one.

He laughed and turned more to face me.

Roc- Girl, stop playing. Who is it? Prodigy? Ray Ray?

I softly scratched his head and looked down at him.

Me- Honestly, you.

He grinned.

Roc- I knew it. I was litt as fuck back then. So it's definitely still me, right?

I shook my head.

Me- Nah, It's Princeton.

Roc- What? Wow, I see how it is.

He sat up and turned to me.

Roc- I see, it's Princeton. Does Princeton make sure your little ass is fed and comes to your house just to make sure your not dead? And watches those boring romance movies you like to have me watching? 

I rolled my eyes. 

Me- You lowkey like them and you know it.

Roc- And I listen to those little Broadway songs you always play in my car.

Me- Don't complain now when you were just humming Hamilton yesterday. I heard you.

He laughed.

Roc- Exactly. I'm a real friend and I support the weird things you like but your favorite one is Prince?

I shrugged. 

Me- That's just too bad. 

Roc- And you talking all this shit wearing my shirt? I need new friends.

He got up and walked to the kitchen and I laughed.

Me- Yeah okay. You can't be without me now and you know it.

Roc- No, you know you can't be without me. Let's not forget you were the one in love with me.

I snorted.

Me- In love? You wish. I was vulnerable after my breakup and your an average looking young man with money.

He came to the couch with a bag of cheetos and laughed as I dug my hand in the bag and pulled out a couple of chips. 

Roc- Average looking? I'm glad.

I shrugged. 

Me- It's the truth.

Roc- Wow. And just when I was going to tell you I got a plus one invite to Kyle's party this weekend.

I dug in the bag again for more chips.

Me- Who the hell is Kyle?

Roc- Kyle. All caps Kyle. Supadupakyle.

I nearly choked on the cheetos I was shoving in my mouth.

Me- Kyle? Curly headed crooked smile Kyle?

He rolled his eyes playfully while trying to hide his smile.

Roc- Oddly specific but yes.

Me- How the hell did you swing that?

Roc shrugged nonchalantly. 

Roc- After hearing a friend of mine playing most of his songs 24/7, I decided to see if I can get an invite to his party. I am a celebrity after all. 

He shrugged.

Roc- Too bad my friend doesn't love me enough.

I jumped up.

Me- Please Roc. Please, please, please. You know I love you. And you know you're my favorite. Why wouldn't you be? You feed me, watch movies with me, look, I'm even wearing your shirt. Please?

Roc- Why don't you ask Princeton, your favorite out of the group.

Me- Why would I when you're my bestie. Please? 

He grinned at me.

Roc- Aww, Kid. I wouldn't dream of taking anyone but you so you don't have to beg but I knew I was still your favorite. 

He ruffled my curls and ate a chip with a smirk on his face. If it wasn't for the party coming up, I would have poured the whole bag of chips on him but I just rolled my eyes playfully and stole the bag. I could already tell the party would be a night to remember.