Chapter 13

2 days after the incident in Roc's room, Roc and I decided to have another movie night. Of course it was another scary movie night. I was on snack duty, so I was setting up all the snacks on the table while I waited for Roc to come over. Me and Roc's relationship didn't really change after what happened. Right after we had finished our Family Guy marathon and it was as if it hadn't even happened except for the way my heart beat and I got butterflies in my stomach reflecting back on it. Roc's lips were so soft against mine and his kisses on my neck were weakening. As I thought about that night once again, Roc let himself in with his key. His face broke into a wide smile as soon as he saw me. 

Roc- Hey Sexy.

He kissed me on my cheek and set his bag down on the couch. 

Roc-I have a surprise for you.

I rolled my eyes. 

Me- What kind of food you trying to fatten me up with this time?

Roc- Nicky, shut up. You getting thick off all the food I bring you.

I laughed. 

Me- I was already thick.

Roc shrugged.

Roc- Okay? And?

I rolled my eyes. He grinned as he pulled out a bag of chips.

Me- Thanks Roc, chips. 

He sighed at my sarcasm.

Roc- Girl, these are Honey Butter chips. You better take this bag.

I took it from him. 

Me- I'll try it later. In the meantime, start the movie and I'll be right back.

Roc- You're little ungrateful ass.

I ignored his teasing and went to my room and retrieved what I needed. I returned to the living room just as the new Poltergeist remake started to play. I sat on the couch with Roc.

Me- Well, my ungrateful ass decided to be nice and show you some genuine appreciation for putting up with my ass.

I pulled out the small box and presented it to Roc. He stared at it and finally took it out of my hands.  I watched his face change in the light of the TV when he realized what he was holding.

Roc- Nicky..

Me- Open it babe.

He opened it and his eyes grew wide as he saw the watch that I got him inside the box.

Roc- Hold up, is this..

I grinned.

Me- A Movado watch. Yes. 

Roc- NIcky, you didn't..

I nodded proudly.

Me- I definitely did.

Roc set the watch aside.

Roc-  Come here.

I laughed.

Me- I'm already here Roc.

Roc- Nah, come here. 

He grabbed my arm and pulled me on top of his lap. He pulled my face down so my lips could meet his as he kissed me softly.

Roc- Thank you Nicky.

I started to kiss him back but he pulled away from me. 

Roc- I really appreciate you Nicky. And I really do love you.

He squeezed my ass. 

Roc- I'm about to show your sexy ass some appreciation.