Chapter 2: Meet My Brother.

I walked into my classroom with a huge smile on my face for some reason as I walked over to my normal seat in the back of the classroom and sat there quietly like I usually do. I took my notes and listened to the old man drag on and on about history that literally know one cared about and would forget the second that they walked out of the room. But of course,I had started thinking about Cody, not that I had really stopped. I knew that he was a pretty popular singer and he had a really big following on YouTube but other then that, I didn't really know anything else about him. When I was talking to him, he didn't really seem like the cocky arrogant person that I assumed that he would be.

I  couldn't stop myself from thinking that there was no way that he was actually going to be waiting outside for me. He's probably already talking to some super hot girl, which means that he has already forgotten all about me. I mean in all honesty, I would be lying if I said that he wasn't cute but, their was no way that he liked me... at least not like that. I jumped a little when I heard the bell ring, thankfully interrupting my thoughts. I stood up from my seat, carelessly throwing my notebook into my bag before walking towards the door. Like expected, when I walked out of my class and didn't see him there I tried my best not to show the disappointment on my face. I sighed, mentally cursing myself out for even thinking that he would have been standing there waiting for me. I turned around and started walking towards my second class, until I suddenly felt someone come up and touch my arm lightly. I turned around and was completely shocked to see the smiling face of Cody.

"Change you're mind about walking with me?" He asked with a slight nervous laugh.

"No not at all. I thought you did actually." I said.

"Why would you think that?" He asked me looking down at me slightly confused.

I shrugged. "I don't know."

We walked into our second class and Mrs. Moore let Cody have a seat next to me. The class went by pretty fast, as did the whole day. Once it was time for free period, I walked over to my locker and started to put my books inside as I thought about what I felt like doing. I figured since it was already the end of the day, I might as well go get Jake like I promised him this morning.

"What do you normally do for free period?" Cody asked, appearing out of no where and opening his locker.

"Um, I usually just go to the library and study." I laughed lightly as his face dropped slightly, his eyes looked like he was trying to see if I was serious or not. "But that's just me. You can always do whatever you like."

"Well, is there somewhere we can go and hang out?" He asked closing his locker and leaning against it.

I looked at him like he had grown a second head. "Just us?"

"Well yeah, if that's alright with you. I want to get to know you, Emily." He said making me blush a little. "Since you're like my only friend that I have here at the moment, I think it would only make sense that I get to know more about you."

"Well as much as I would love to, I have to take my sister home and get my younger brother from his school." I said closing my locker and looking up at him. He was almost a head taller then me. "I promised him this morning that I would take him to the water park after school."

Cody laughed. "Well that sounds perfect to me."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion. "Are you saying that you want to come?"

"Yes, I am. Sounds like it would be fun. Plus, it would be a good way to see everything around here." He said as I picked up my backpack.

"Alright then. But fair warning, there really isn't anything around here." I told him.