Chapter 41: Dress Shopping?

~~ I just stayed quiet and tried to get warm but for some reason, I just couldn't. After a few minutes, I started to get really tired and when I yawed, Cody chuckled. "Get some sleep. It's been a long day."

I sighed and nodded my head in agreement. "I'm sorry about today."

"Don't be. Stop apologizing." He said and kissed the top of my head. 

"I just feel bad." I said quietly.

"Sweetheart you have no reason to be. What happened today was mostly my fault. But, it's over with now. Just remember what I told you, okay?" He said and nodded my head.

"Okay." I said and Cody kissed my lightly on the lips before whispering goodnight.

"I love you, Em." He said.

"I love you too, Cody." ~~ 

oooOOOooo

I woke up way to early. When I looked at the time on my phone and seen that it was 5:30. But, no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't fall back asleep. I pulled myself away from Cody and out of the comfortable bed and walked downstairs. I jumped a little when I walked into the kitchen and seen his mom standing there. 

"Sorry sweetie. Did I scare you?" She asked and I laughed a little while nodding my head.

"Yeah. Just little. I was just going to get some water." I said and grabbed a bottle from the fridge. 

"Okay. So you stayed the night last night?" She asked me as I sat down.

"Yeah, sorry. It was pouring rain and me and Cody kinda got into an argument." I said and looked up at her. 

"Em, it's not the first time you've stayed the night here." She said and sat beside me. "And what was the argument about?" 

"Something stupid." I replied. "Just me being a jealous bride I guess."

She smiled and took my hand in hers. "You know how much he loves you, right?" I nodded my head. "He would honestly give up the world for you. And you have no idea how happy me and Brad are to know that you're the girl that's going to be with Cody. To know that our little boy has found someone who makes him so happy is the best feeling for a parent to have."

I smiled and hugged her. "Thank you." Was all I could think to say.

"She's right, Em." I heard his voice from behind me, causing both of our heads to snap towards the doorway. "You make me more happy then anything else in the world and I would give up everything in the world for you in a heartbeat." He said while walking over to me and taking me hands. "And you have no idea how happy I am to start the rest of our lives together."

I smiled and felt my cheeks heating up with every word that Cody said to me. Cody bent and kissed me lightly but pulled away when his mom cleared her throat. "As cute as that was, I am still sitting here." She said and Cody's cheeks heated up.

"Sorry." He said and looked back at me. 

"Alright, well it's still pretty early so I'm heading back up to bed." She said and smiled at me and I watched as she walked up the stairs and disappeared behind her door. 

As soon as she was gone, I looked back up at Cody and seen that he was still looking at me. I smiled a little and so did he. Cody tugged on my hand slightly and pulled me up from my seat. We walked quietly up the stairs and when we got back into his room, he closed the door and pushed me against it. I smiled a little and shushed him, he just smirked and shook his head no. 

"I woke up and you weren't here." He said and bent down to kiss me. "And when I go downstairs, you're talking to my mom."

I laughed a little and kissed him back. "I'm sorry. I got thirsty."