Chapter 4: Pushing My Luck?

The next day at school, I seen Cody in the parking lot, leaning against his car. A small smile came across my lips the moment my eyes met his. Lucy jumped out of the car the second I put it in park and stormed right by Cody without saying anything to him. I got out of the car and sighed, shaking my head at her as Cody looked at me with a questioning and confused look on his face.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked me.

"No no. It's not you. She just woke up in a super pissy mood for some reason." I shrugged, walking up the stairs with him falling into step beside me.

"I see." He said and I turned to look at him, seeing that he had a secretive smile etched on his lips.

Was he ever not smiling?

"What?" I asked him.

"Nothing nothing. I was just thinking about last night." He replied honestly.

I smiled to at the memory myself. We started walking up the rest of the stairs to the front doors of the school. "Would I be pushing my luck if I held your hand again?" He asked making me giggle.

I looked down and slipped my hand into his. He locked his fingers around mine tightly, just like he did last night, his smile was now permanently on his handsome face.

"Now. Would I be pushing MY luck if I asked you if you wanted to do something tonight?" I asked him.

"Not at all." He said. "I don't have anything planed for tonight."

"Well do you want to go and see a movie?" I asked him.

"Like a date?" He asked sounding hopeful.

I smiled. "If you want it to be a date then it's a date."

He laughed as we walked to our lockers. "Then it's a date."

I let go of his hand and unlocked my locker. As I was getting my books out for first period, I heard someone say my name.

"Emily!" I hear my name being yelled down the hallway, I turned around just in time to see Lucy and her best friend Megan running towards me with wide, excited eyes.

"Yes?" I eyed them.

"Can you give us a ride uptown tomorrow night." They asked me.

I gave them a curious look. "Why?"

"There is this huge party that Austin is throwing and he said we could come!" Megan said.

"Um, does mom know about Austin's huge party?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"No... but"

"But nothing Lucy. If mom says you can go then sure I'll drive you guys but I'm not getting into trouble AGAIN for driving you somewhere. If something were to happened to you guys, I would be the one to blame." I said.

They both groaned before turning away from us and walking back down the hallway. I turned to Cody with raised eyebrows and he chuckled, holding his hands up in mock surrender. "I'm not in this." I rolled my eyes sat him as I heard the first bell ring from above.

"Come on let's get to class." He said closing his locker and taking my hand in his again.

A girl could get use to this.