Chapter 33: Flowers And Surprises

~~ We kinda just looked at each other for a few minutes before Cody lend into me and pressed a rough but passionate kiss to my lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I said and then yawned, feeling tired all of a sudden.

Cody chuckled. "Go back to sleep, babe." He said and kissed my forehead. 

I sighed and closed my eyes. "Stay with me?"

Cody chuckled a little and wrapped his arms around me more tightly. "Always." I heard his reply as I drifted off to sleep. ~~

oooOOooo

I woke up and felt the side of the bed searching for Cody, but my hand came onto something else. My eyes opened a little and I squinted in the sunlight that was coming through the blinds. I couldn't stop the huge smile that came across my face as I seen the bundle of flowers laying next to Cody's pillow. I sat up in bed and picked them up. Looking at them more closely, I noticed that they were my favorite ones. Pink and white carnations with 3 light pink roses. I smiled and bent down to smell them. They smelled amazing. I looked back at the pillow and seen a folded up letter.

                                      Emily,

                          I remember you saying something about loving these flowers. I hope I was right...
Anyway, I had to run out to get some stuff for tonight. Don't ask what I had to get or why I had to get it. Trust me. I should be home soon. I love you.                                               xoxo,                                           Cody.

I smiled at the note and then set everything back down on the bed. I got up and walked into the bathroom. After brushing my teeth and pulling my hair up into a messy pony tail, I walked back out and went into my closet. I grabbed a light blue bikini and put it on. I slipped on a pair of shorts. I walked back out of my closet and into my room, picking up the flowers as I walked out. 

When I got downstairs, I walked into the kitchen and set the flowers on the counter and grabbed a vase and then filled it with water. I started cutting the stems of the flowers and and once I was done, I starting arranging them in the vase.

As I was doing this, I heard the door opening and closing. Then, I heard Cody humming as he walked into the kitchen. 

"Hey beautiful." He said walking in.

I turned a little and smiled at him. "Hey babe."

He set down a few bags on the table and walked over to me. "Do you like them?" He asked and kissed my cheek.

"Yes they're beautiful thank you." I said and picked up the vase and brought it to the table. I set it down and looked through the bags Cody brought in.

"Hey hey hey." He said coming over to me and pulling me away from the table. 

"Hi hi hi." I said and giggled. 

"Very funny." He said. "Their's something in there you can't see."

"Why not?" I asked getting more interested.

"Because it's a surprise." He said grabbing my hands. "Please?"

I groaned. "Fine I wont look."

He smiled and pecked my lips. "Thank you."

I rolled my eyes and walked into the living room. I stood in the middle of the room and looked through the TV, trying to find something good to listin to. I finally decided on What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction of course. 

I smiled and turned it up as I threw the remote down on the couch and sang as I walked to the front door. Opening it and closing the screen door, I walked back into the house and started opening the windows. I walked up stairs to open the windows but when I got up there, Cody jumped out from the hallway bathroom and grabbed me by the waist. I screamed a little and grabbed his hands as he spun me around. 

"Cody!" I said and he laughed as he set me down.

"Yes?" He said and I laughed again, pulling myself away from him.

"Why are you so happy all of a sudden?" I asked him as I walked into the bedroom.

I heard his foot steps behind me. "Because I just got off the phone with my mum."

I raised my eyebrows. "And?" I asked and motioned for him to help me remake the bed.

"And they are going to be home in 2 weeks." He said helping me.

"And that makes you happy because...?" I asked as we fixed the sheets.

"Because that's two weeks I get to be alone with you." He said as we pulled the comforter up to the top and threw the pillows on top of the bed.

"Oh I see." I said and laid on the bed.

"And I think I know what we can do in those 2 weeks." He said climbing onto the bed and leaning over me.

"And what would that be?" I asked looking up at him.

Cody lend down and pressed his lips to mine in a slow and steady kiss. I smiled a little and pulled away. "Swimming." He said and I started laughing.

Cody laughed as well and I nodded my head. "Lets go!" I said and pecked his lips before pushing him off of me and jumping down from the bed and ran out of the room. I heard Cody's footsteps behind me, followed by his laughter.

I opened the sliding glass door and ran outside and onto the deck. I ran across it and down the little stairs that lead to the pool. "Why are you running?!" I heard Cody ask from behind me.

I laughed and shrugged my shoulders. "Felt like it."

He laughed and I reached down and slipped my shorts off. I walked down the stairs and into the pool. I looked over and seen that Cody was sitting on the edge of the pool with his feet in the water. 

I sighed and swam over to him. I put my arms up and rested them on his legs. "Hi." He said with a small smile.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"You're so beautiful." Cody said while reaching down and stroking my cheek with his knuckles.

I felt myself blush a little. "Thank you." 

Cody bent down and kissed the top of my head. "Come in." I said grabbing his heads and pulling him a little. Cody smiled and pulled his hands away to take off his shirt. I smiled a little as he slipped into the water.

We swam for awhile before getting out and laying on the deck floor. Talking, laughing and playing around. I coldn't help but smile, thinking about how this was going to be what the rest of my life would be like. Hopefully.