The Trial of Meredith Munson

She looked so weak and small in that hospital bed

She looked so weak and small in that hospital bed. There was not the spark of joy or even a hint of the Janet you knew in school. Wayne and I decided to visit, see the aftermath of what Meredith had done. Though she was no friend of mine, she was another victim.

Wayne had spoke with Jason, they shook hands and agreed that if he needed something, an adult something, that Wayne would be there. Jason was now the guardian of his own mother and Mattie was officially a Munson.

Wayne had registered the adoption and paperwork the moment he found out. Responsibility should be the man's middle name. I ran my fingers along the bed sheets, her eyes were closed, but I knew that look, she can smell me.

"Sherry..." She mumbled, "Leave me to die without looking at your face.."

I laughed heartily and nodded, "Dying wish bitch?"

That was her moment, she smiled, then started to cough. I knew she had maybe months left. She had heard about Matilda, demanded a blood test, that's when it all came crashing down on her, what she did, who she did it too.

Now i'll let her have a bit of spite and fun. I am kind afterall.

Wayne looked between us and just shook his head, "Let's go Sherry."

The sound of his voice made Janet turn her head away, tears coming down her cheek, the smallest voice came out of her then, "Make sure she is okay."

Wayne turned and nodded. He knew she was talking about Matilda. I was sure it was in reference to all of us. Myself included.

As we left he took my hand in his and squeezed, "You did good Sherry."

I laughed, "I still called her a bitch."

With that we made our way to the courthouse, knowing the world was ending around us, knowing that we had to get together the last remaining pieces of our lives. Wayne and I had plans, a future, nothing was going to stand in the way of us again. 

I may love a Munson, but no one fucks with this bitch.

Walking into that courtroom was surreal

Walking into that courtroom was surreal. Meredith was more than blood, she was my twin. She was supposed to be that other piece of me, instead I had this hatred for that woman. Even blood couldn't save the fact that both my kin were worthless.