Here Comes Hopper

Heading back to the house with Steve was quiet

Heading back to the house with Steve was quiet. We didn't really know how to interact with each other yet. I wanted to ask him questions regarding Ellie, but again didn't want to put myself between him and Eddie.

Eddie would win.

I knew that no one could take the place of your two best friends. They were tiring and needed your help, but you loved them both. Now that time has passed a bit you can safely say that your feelings for Ellie are completely friendly. She was still Ellie.

"You get M&Ms?" I asked quickly.

"Yep. Not sure I could forget them." His face turned a tint of pink, oh he was thinking about Ellie and my comments. I laughed loudly at his expression, and he just stared back at me, "what?!"

"You can't look at her like that okay? For both our sakes please just leave her be." I kept laughing and Steve just pouted as he pulled into the driveway of Ellie's house. Suzie and Dustin were outside with Ellie, she was showing Dustin how to water the garden. She of course was dressed in her work coveralls and sports bra. I just shook my head and looked at Steve, "how Gareth? Tell me how am I supposed to not look at her?"

"Be a man Steve." I shook my head again and that's when I saw her. It was just a brief moment, but the red hair was unmistakable. Ellie had smiled in her direction and as they started back into the house she disappeared from the door. Steve saw your face and looked at the door confused, "You see something you like?"

"I don't know yet." Were the words I decided to go with. I headed towards the door and Steve carried four larger shopping bags into the house. He grumbled about no one helping him, I could only think about seeing her and in that moment my eyes met hers. She was standing off to the side of the kitchen; hair down, a black skirt, MY Metallica shirt I had given Ellie and a pair of converse, black. She was straight out of any metalheads fantasy book. Damn.

I smirked, "Guess I won't be washing you up after all. The girls cleaned you up nicely."

She still had the bruising sporadically, but it definitely wasn't the same shy girl that had pushed you out of a girl's restroom. Now you had to start thinking about her, this feeling in your chest, it definitely was something. She didn't say anything back, she made a shy smile then walked over to Steve to help.

"One of you has manners." Steve smiles at Mattie. She moves some hair behind her ear then.... she just looks back at me? I swear our eyes met again. Did she want me to notice her? No. Mattie wouldn't know how to flirt, but the idea of her glancing back had me happy. That's when the phone rings, you hope it isn't Sherry yelling about the fight. Ellie grabs the phone and answers, "Bishop residence... oh, hi..." her voice gets soft, and she starts to giggle.

Gross. It was probably Eddie.

Ellie started to nod then smile, then blush, yep it was definitely Eddie. She looks at me then motions to the phone, "Gareth, it's Eddie."