Chapter 6: Mission Dinner

I felt a sudden craving for Italian food, so I decided to head to a nearby takeout restaurant. I ordered some pasta and garlic bread. As I waited for my food to be prepared, I got a mischievous idea. Why not create a fake social media account for this alter ego? I quickly got to work and created an Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch, and YouTube account, all under the name of Olive. I took some photos and uploaded them, making the profile seem as authentic as possible.

But then, my phone rang. It was my mother, and I suddenly realised that I had forgotten about my appearance. I was still dressed up as a girl, and if I answered the call, she would see me that way. So, I decided to let it go to voicemail and hoped that she would think I was busy.

As I was lost in thought, wondering where this alter ego could take me, I was suddenly interrupted by the sound of my name being called out. I looked up to see my friend Randall standing behind the counter. He looked me up and down, giving me a soft smile.

He told me the total amount I had to pay for the food, and before I could leave, he asked me for my number. I was taken aback by his question and wasn't sure how to respond but I didn't want to reveal my true identity.

As I stood there, I realised that I couldn't give Randall my number since he already had it saved as the real me. Thinking on my feet, I replied in my girl voice, "Umm, I can't give you my number, but you can have my snap..." Randall seemed happy with that and said, "Sure, that works for me."

Feeling a little nervous, I gave him the username of the new social media account I had created a few minutes ago. I hoped he wouldn't get suspicious since the account was brand new. After thanking him for the food, I left the restaurant and walked back to my car.

I drove home, my mind was racing with worry and concern. I had never felt so nervous in my life. I realised that I had put myself in a precarious situation by creating this alter ego, and I was not sure how to navigate through it.

I replayed the conversation over and over in my head, wondering if I had slipped up at any point. I couldn't afford to make any mistakes or leave any evidence behind that would reveal my true identity. I had to be careful, and I knew it.

Once I arrived home, I took a deep breath and gathered myself. I knew that I had to keep up the charade for as long as possible until I could figure out a way to end it. I immediately checked my phone to see if Randall had added me on Snapchat, and to my relief, he hadn't.