Sense and Insensitivity

[Open on stand in the market. King holds up a tray of mostly inedible things.]

King: Partake of my free snack samples! Take them; I demand it as your ruler, the King of demos!

[Several people pass but none even look at him. He throws the tray on the ground.]

King: Nyeh! Why isn't anyone paying attention to me? I'm their rightful overlord. Intellectually and such.

Y/n: Yea more like the ruler of stuff animals

King: You take that back.

Y/n: Make me 

King: ragghh!!! [he throws himself at Y/n but all he does id pot a hand on he's head stopping him from advancing.

Eda: Hey you two knocks if off your sacring my customers.

 [zoom out to see the market emptied] 

Eda: Weird... hey! [Grabs a passerby by the cowl, sniffs.] It reeks more of nerd than money today.

: Guys!

[Eda lets go of the passerby.]

Passerby: Ah   !

Luz: You will not believe what's going on! [Poses under a banner.] It's a book fair! Where books come to life!

[A book jumps off one of the stands next to her.]

Book: Hello.

[Luz screams and kicks it.]

King: A fair without rides?

Boy: Who needs rides when this [Shoves a book in King's face.] can take you anywhere?

King: Nyeh.

[King throws a strip of bacon on the boy's head. A winged demon flies by and picks him up. The boy screams.]

Eda: A, ew. [Throws book on the ground.] B, I'm bored. C, I feel like pickpocketing some dork while they browse. [Walks off.]

Luz: No, wait! [To King.] Will you give it a chance? I'll let you ride in my hoodie! [Puts her hood up.]

King: Ooohoohoohoo!

Luz: What about you Y/n.

Y/n: [ stand up] no thanks book fairs are scams use by schools and library to sell you outdated and useless books that are over prices I think I will walk around town for a bit [kisses Luz] se you home mi amor. 

[Cut to Luz walking through the book fair with King in her hood.]

Luz: This book fair's got everything! A zine-making workshop, meet and greets, and—what's that? [Gasps.] A writing competition!? I've always wanted to be a writer.

King: Writer? What? I thought you wanted to be a witch?

Luz: Of course I wanna be a witch. But where I'm from that's kinda... impossible. So my runner up dream was to be a writer. [Pulls a picture out of her pocket.] I've had this about the author picture since I was seven years old. I know my good angle. I'm gonna enter the competition.

[ Bo laughs as she runs by.]

King: Ugh! What are these basement dwellers doing out in natural sunlight?

: Um! We're in line for jon the plume, most famous writer on the boiling ilses, famed author of the Realm Warriors series! I'm gonna have him read my story... and marry me.