Chapter Six: Fredrick and Ricardo

Xavier was out of the car when Nick shut the door. Nick quickly locked it in fear that Xavier might try to walk into the house again.

Nick saw Jason and Jordan in the living room and feared they would freak out if someone started pounding on the door.

"Hey, Jason, Jordan. Why don't you go to your room for a second?" Nick proposed, "I'll let you use your bunk beds as monkey bars, but only for today!"

"Yay!" Jason jumped up immediately, "Jordan let's go!" He grabbed his brother and pulled him along. "I'll be the hero and then you can be the evil guy-" Nick then heard the door slam shut. Good.

"Nick, I know you're in there," Xavier said lowly from the door. Nick tensed again. He hated how fast his body went into defense mode. "Who the absolute f**k was the guy that just walked out of here?"

Nick didn't think about Vincent. He sighed in exhaustion. He already knew that this was going to be a battle.

"Why does it matter to you?" Nick said defensively. He was sure his voice was heavily muffled, but he didn't bother screaming. He was too tired.

"Was that the guy you cheated on me with?" Xavier accused. Nick had enough of Xavier's accusations.

"Xavier, I told you, I have never cheated on you!"

"Then who was that guy, huh?!" Xavier interrogated.

"I don't need to explain myself to you," Nick growled, "But if you must know, he's just my friend. He's helping me babysit the kids."

"The kids," Xavier growled, "You're letting him see the kids and not me? I BOUGHT them, Nick. Speaking of which, I have come to get them." The handle starts to jiggle, and Nick scoffs.

"Are you trying to pick the lock?" Nick questions, "This isn't a treasure chest. It's a house, and you've never picked a lock in your life." Suddenly, the lock twisted, and before Nick could hold the door close, it opened with a bought of force. Xavier, in his tall and handsome glory, walked through the door.

"I bought the key from the landlord. I'm here to take the twins," Xavier said, trying to walk past Nick, twisting the key between his fingertips. But Nick held him back.

"Over my dead body," he sneered, "I'm going to get a restraining order."

"I'm going to start using force," Xavier snapped back, his eyes a cold and deadly blue. Nick could feel them ripping at his heart. He stared at Nick like one would stare at a fly buzzing around their head. He swatted at Nick with his hand, but Nick caught it before it hit him. He started pushing Xavier backward.

"Get out of here," Nick growled, his vision going red, "Before I start using force. I know people Xavier. I can beat you to the ground, and I'm sick and tired of you bullying me because you think you're superior. Get off my property and never try to take my kids again."

Xavier scoffed, the blue fire in his eyes only wavering for a second, before he stepped back.

"Fine," Xavier conceded, "I won't take them here... now. I will pick them up from school one day. I will hunt down the girls when they are out with their friends. I will get my kids one day, whether you like it or not." 

He always knew just what to say to make Nick panic. Xavier left quickly, slamming the door behind him. 

As soon as he left, Nick swiftly took out his phone, clicked Elian's contact, and messaged quickly.

"I want this revenge thing. I want him to pay for who he is. Help me?"

~{()}~