02|I'm fine.

May 26, 1976. 2:29 a.m.

He knows going upstairs when the door was open was a stupid idea, but since it was too late, there was a good chance the man was asleep.

In his moments alone, Griffin Stagg had called him Grabber, because he wanted to refer to him in some way. Calling him a hemorrhoid-ass face was it too long.

So with the rain on his side (if he was raining, there was less chance Grabber heard him), Griffin gently opens the door and tiptoes up the stairs.

His heart was pounding and he was sweating, the last time he went up the stairs, they beat him with a belt until he passed out. His arm still hurt, he thinks he has it broken, but he's fine, they'll fix it when the police find him or he gets out of here.

But he doesn't, because he never goes out.

Griffin opens the door and as he did, Grabber was sitting in a chair, shirtless and with his head hanging from his neck. He was asleep.

Griffin hurries to the door and as he last saw him go up the stairs, his bike lock was there, locking the door.

2 3 3 7 1

2 33 7 1

2 3 3 71

23 3 7 1

What was the combination? What if it wasn't any of them? Or was it the other way around? He had written it on the wall with a bottle cap so he wouldn't forget he, but now he himself was questioning the combination he himself chose.

Griffin tries all of them and when the lock is released, Grabber's dog begins to bark.

So Griffin runs out of the house as he yells for help. He was so close to freedom, he could feel it.

Griffin almost cries with happiness.

Almost.

Grabber runs him over with his truck and drags him back to his house, holding his hand to his mouth so he doesn't want to scream again.

He had never been so scared as now and he could feel the tears of despair on his cheeks. He just wanted to go home... Why couldn't he?

Grabber stopped him in front of the stairs and shook his head in disappointment.

"You were a very naughty child. And do you know what happens to naughty children? I have to punish them."

Griffin doesn't have time to react when Grabber pulls a knife from his belt and slits Griffin's neck.

Griffin recoils with his hands at his throat and chokes on his own blood as tears spill uncontrollably, mixing with the blood.

He stumbles over his feet and falls down the stairs.

The last thing Griffin hears before everything went black is the crack of his broken spine.

May 2, 1976. 2:29 a.m.

Finney jerks awake and sits up, bringing he hand to his chest. He felt his body clammy with sweat and heard his heartbeat thrumming in his head.

A dream. It was a dream... A horrible dream.

Finney doesn't realize that he is crying, nor that he has his hands around his neck until he hears Robin running up to him.

"Finn, hey. It's okay." Robin separates his hands from his neck and then hugs him to his chest.