05|Truth.

May 3, 1976.

Gwen knew Finney was acting strange ever since that desperate embrace, but to say that she wasn't gaping now was a lie. She and Finney tell each other almost everything, so sooner or later Finney would tell her what was wrong with he and she knew when her brother was acting strange or hiding things from her, so Finney just decided to advance that.

For a long time Gwen had thought about the possibility that Finney was special like her and like mom, but Finney told her so much in a second that she didn't quite know how to take it all in, even if she already had an idea in mind.

"W...what do you mean, trip back in time?"

She probably looked like a gibbering, slack-jawed fool, but she knows this will only stay between them. Just as Finney can have embarrassing memories of her, she has his, and if one of them were to tell anything (which they won't, because Finney has a friend and hopefully), the other is just going to expose the other with something too.

"I'll explain it better at home."

All the way home, Gwen was almost vibrating with anxiety and intrigue. What did her brother mean by time travel? And exactly how long?

As soon as they close the door, Gwen asks, but Finney drags her into he room, saying nothing.

"Finey!" Gwen exclaims, tossing her backpack onto her brother's bed.

"It's complicated, even I don't understand it. Look, a lot of things will happen, bad things and I wasn't coping well with everything. On my sixteenth birthday, I asked for everything to be like before and I magically appeared here, I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I guess so." Finney begins to explain, walking through he room.

"You say you traveled three years into the past? Well, I believe you, what do you mean bad things will happen?"

For another person, it would be strange and they would not even believe it, but they know very well that they are special thanks to his mother. Gwen had done a lot of research on her family on her mother's side and most of her relatives were just as special as her mother, but Gwen didn't find anyone who time traveled like Finney. Gwen almost laughs remembering the times her father called Finney "normal" because he didn't have dreams or hear things like her mother and her. Gwen always knew that Finney was just as special.

"There's a kidnapper. For the next two years, he'll be here on the prowl, kidnapping children and killing them."

"Okay... And how does that directly affect you? You said you were having a hard time and..." As Gwen speaks, her voice trails off until she reaches a conclusion. "No! Tell me you don't..."

Finney nods and Gwen's eyes fill with tears, so much so that she can't help but hug her brother.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure it doesn't happen, but for now I have another concern."

Finney separates from Gwen and erases the writing on he whiteboard on the wall. He always remembered his math calculations, this was more important.

Griffin Stagg, missing May 4, 1976. Dead.

"Tomorrow!" Gwen exclaims.

"I was able to get close to Griffin, I just don't know how to keep track of him tomorrow. I only know that he was kidnapped when he was with his bike."

"Wait, wait. I don't want to be cruel, but why do you go out of your way to help someone you didn't know before? You're also putting yourself in danger."

"Griffin helped me once, I want to return the favor to him and everyone else. I have a chance to save them and I'm not going to waste it. Gwen, everything that happened in that basement was horrible and I could have had it worse or even died if they hadn't helped me."

"Finney, if you say that Griffin is dead... How could he help you?" Gwen blinks in confusion and furrows her brows.

"Gwen... Maybe I can, I don't know... Talk to the dead."

Okay, now Gwen did have her mouth open.

"But not like you think, I can talk to them through something. That time it was through a black phone in the basement. And I can only do it if they contact me first. Trust me, we've already tried."

"Okay, I think I understand. How many children were kidnapped?"

"Six. Five of them were killed."

"Do you know the exact date of each kidnapping and where it was?"

"I saw the disappeared posters every time I left the house for two years, so yeah."

Gwen insisted that Finney write down each child's name and date of abduction, but he refused to do so.

"Tomorrow is Friday, so I won't worry about you. Maybe I'm lucky I get another beating and Griffin lets me stay at his house."

Throughout the day, Finney and Gwen talked about Finney's bad experiences and how to save Griffin.

"Do you think if it fails, he'll try again? You can't be glued to Griffin all the time, Finney."

"Yeah, I thought about that possibility, but I don't think he tried it again. It would be too dangerous for him. I just have to keep him from having Griffin and I guess he'll move on to his next victim. Gwen, kidnappings don't just happen; he choose them ahead of time."

Gwen frowns and leans a little closer to Finney. That didn't sound good at all.

"I mean, he spies on them for a while and comes over at a specific time where there's no one else, where he knows there's no one else. So now I guess there's the possibility that I planned to do it at another time if he can't do it tomorrow."

The more Finney thought about the thousand scenarios that could occur, the more nervous he became. Grabber was smart to the bad luck of him (but he wasn't good with an axe), so Finney is a bit between a rock and a hard place. He had only one chance to save Griffin and he had to do it right.

It will be difficult, but Finney will need to stay close to Griffin at all times tomorrow, it will probably be annoying for him and he may have other things to do, but Finney silently prays that Griffin appreciates his company. And he will also have to drag Robin with them, if Grabber was thinking of attacking, he wouldn't do it if there were three, maybe he would try it with two (and Finney have no problem breaking his neck again), but Finney prefers to go for the best option. Plus Robin could hit him a bit if he dares to get close.

The problem here will be how to get Robin to come along (Finney doesn't want to leave him alone either). He had noticed he rather closed and reserved behavior since they met Griffin, but Finney had brushed it off. Robin was never very comfortable around new people.

"Then I'll walk Griffin home after school..." Finney says, but he stops immediately, noticing a detail he missed.

Griffin was kidnapped after leaving the school. Bruce and Finney were also kidnapped on their way home from school. Billy while delivering papers in the morning. Robin while going to buy candy for Finney and Vance just... Well, Vance literally went to knock (kick) the Grabber's door.

With that in mind, Finney will need to be fast enough to find Griffin before he gets on his bike and heads home.

"Gwen, tomorrow I will save Griffin no matter what it costs me."