16|Same way.

July 3, 1976.

Finney felt more and more calm when he managed to save the life of one of the kidnapped children, even if he knew that there was the possibility that Grabber would still want to kidnap any of them, knowing that they had made it through the day they would be kidnapped, was too rewarding for him.

Griffin was fine, and now Billy was, too.

The day before they hadn't left Billy's side even to go to the bathroom, which wasn't strange for Billy and now much less for Griffin. It could be annoying to them that they didn't know anything, but Robin was there for him and that made Finney feel better.

"Okay Finn, who's next?" asks Robin, sitting on Finney's bed.

It was Friday, so Gwen wasn't there and he dad had let he know he'd be leaving work much later, which is reassuring to Finney. He could be alone with Robin, they hadn't been alone for a long time and he was beginning to miss him.

"That's the problem. We still have a year before the next kidnapping happens, but Grabber was forced to take it."

While Finney explains, he draws several pictures on the board and writes large: "Vance Hopper, missing September 23, 1977. Died."

Robin doesn't try to hide he surprise and can't hold back a gasp. He had never talked to Vance Hopper, but everyone knew him for having the highest score in pinball and for being the toughest kid in town. It's not that he was afraid of him, because he would fight Vance without hesitation if the situation came to pass, but he is amazed that someone like Vance, who needs at least two policemen to drag him out of the store, has been kidnapped. Robin understands that he was a kid against a grown man, but Vance has beaten up grown men before. He only has the option that Grabber drugged him or something like that.

"What do you mean he was forced to take it?"

"Grabber tried to kidnap Vance once, but he got away and... Instead of going to the police, Vance followed him to his house and Grabber had no choice but to drug he."

Robin nods, thinking of all the chances they could have to prevent Vance from having a first kidnapping attempt. If Grabber doesn't try, then Vance won't go to his house.

Well, that was easier said than done. Vance wasn't exactly the kind of person who got along with everyone. Finney had no chance to even get close to Vance and if Robin did, Vance probably just thinks he wants to fight.

"We're a little screwed around here." Robin laughs bitterly and sighs.

"Don't tell me. I talked to Vance when, well…When he was dead and he's kind of bipolar. Maybe if we try to talk to him, he'll kick us out first and then be nice. I want to believe that, okay? It was like that with me."

Finney sits next to Robin and rests his head on his shoulder, hugging his arm.

"Why did you talk to them? You haven't told me yet."

Robin knows this should scare him, and does a little bit, but the ghost boys never hurt Finney and that's enough for Robin to at least listen.

"I was the only one who could hear the phone and they were leading me to bring Grabber to justice." explains Finney, without going into great detail.

Robin nods and doesn't ask any more, it doesn't seem like something Finney likes to talk about and respects it.

Robin pushes Finney onto the bed and hugs him, resting his head on his shoulder.

"You're so cute of wanting to help all these kids you've never met." whispers Robin, making circles on Finney's arm.

Finney smiles sadly and rests his chin on Robin's head. There was a lot he wanted to tell Robin, but he couldn't, Robin had enough knowing he was going to die, but Finney won't lose his best friend and now his boyfriend, again.