19|Vomit.

September 15, 1977.

Vance Hopper understands little or nothing of all the things that Bruce tells him. He doesn't know anything about baseball, but Bruce likes to talk about it, and to his surprise, Vance is interested in learning more.

Vance was no stranger to romantic feelings or attraction and he knows that he has feelings for Bruce. The guy was kind, smart, cute, and fucking hot, so yes, Vance could tell that he was attracted to Bruce. Who wouldn't really?

Despite being so tough and brave and strong, Vance knows he has a line he wasn't going to cross and he knows that things with Bruce are only meant to be a rare friendship or a rare friendship that will snap in a second at any moment. Sooner or later Bruce will realize that Vance is not that interesting.

Vance has never cared about other people's opinions, but maybe he does care about Bruce's opinion.

He hasn't had a friend in a long time and being attracted to the first friend he's made in years wasn't a good choice. Well, there was a lie here. He had been attracted to Bruce for quite some time before they became friends. Even when he was just looking at him and he couldn't do anything to get closer.

Since they accidentally crossed paths, Vance has felt happier, more comfortable and less violent than usual, Bruce was a good influence on him and he didn't want to ruin with unnecessary feelings that Bruce wasn't going to return.

"Tonight my parents are going to dinner and my sister is staying at one of her friends' house, do you want to stay the night? I bought new movies." Bruce asks as they cross the street and Vance looks at him out of the corner of his eye.

"Of course, I have nothing to do." Vance shrugs.

"Great! I promise I won't get drunk this time, don't worry."

Vance rolls his eyes, but he was grinning anyway, so Bruce couldn't take offense.

When they arrive at Grab N' Go, Bruce challenges him to beat his own record and Vance immediately accepts it.

It's fun, until he has only one ball left and some jerk crashes into the machine, causing to miss his last shot.

Vance has no idea how he manages to avoid jumping on top of the asshole and smashing his face in.

"Hey, be more careful!" Bruce yells, scowling at the boy.

The boy ignores him and continues playing with his friend.

"Forget it Vance, there's no point in getting mad over a trifle." Bruce puts his hand on Vance's shoulder and smiles.

Obviously Bruce had noticed Vance's anger and that literally makes him feel bad. He didn't want to look like some stupid violent and uncontrollable animal in front of Bruce.

"We better go see a movie or we can go to the park, whatever you want."

Vance is dragged out of the store by Bruce and as they turn the street, he doesn't bother to look at Finney Blake and her boyfriend on the corner, no, he looks at the black van that had been following them.

"We better go to your house, I'm curious about those new movies you have." Vance responds, turning his attention back to Bruce.

Vance wasn't dumb and he knows the son of a bitch in the van was following them. He had seen the same van a few times before, especially when he was alone. Once is not important, twice is no coincidence, and three times is worrisome.

Vance had no problem getting a little blood on his hands if that idiot came near them.

The van follows them another half block and turns on the opposite side to the one they are going.