03|Friends.

May 2, 1976.

Finney fidgets with he lunch tray, searching for an empty spot among all the tables in the cafeteria.

Griffin had no friends and was invisible to everyone, which makes it very difficult for Finney to find him, but if he wants to find Griffin, it might not go unnoticed by him like this.

Next to him, Robin was looking at him blankly. They always sat at the same table, because someone had said that Finney had soiled it the moment he sat down, and no one came back. Robin may or may not have broken a few noses after that. So he doesn't understand why Finney hesitates.

"Here!"

Seeing Griffin hiding in a corner, Finney grabs Robin's arm and drags him there.

"Finn, where are we going?"

"Hey, ah... can we sit here?"

Griffin lifts his head from the Batman comic book under the table and looks at Finn in confusion, wondering if he was talking to him, even looking around him to make sure there are more empty tables.

"Are you talking to me?"

Finn gently pokes Robin in the ribs before he rolls he eyes and nods.

Robin just leaves his tray on the table and sits down without waiting for Griffin to respond, he was hungry. Finney sheepishly imitates him.

It was more than obvious Griffin's discomfort and his nerves, so much so that he tried to leave.

"I'm Finney, and you?"

Griffin is startled when Finney speaks to him and sits back down, it would be rude to ignore him. Robin looks at Finney with a raised eyebrow and a full mouth.

"Griffin..."

Throughout lunch, Finney tries to have a conversation with Griffin that goes nowhere because the boy isn't very comfortable talking, he just listens to Finney, or pretends. Robin just eats without saying anything, still quite confused.

When the doorbell rings, the first to get up from his seat is Griffin.

"Robin and I are going to the park later, do you want to come?"

Griffin looks at him like he has a third eye and looks sideways at Robin, like he's asking for permission on what he's going to say.

"Yeah? Great, see you at three in the afternoon."

Finney walks past Griffin and smiles fondly at him before dragging Robin through the cafeteria.

"Okay Blake, what the hell was this all about?"

Robin didn't seem upset, just confused. Finney wasn't a very social person or one who does well with this whole friendship thing, not because he's bad, he has a bad reputation because of his idiot classmates. Robin has many reasons why he's just friends with Finney, but Finney didn't do anything wrong to be so excluded and discriminated like that.

"I saw him very lonely and I wanted to keep him company. Is that wrong?"

Robin shakes he head and decides to leave the subject for later, arguing with Finney was useless if he wouldn't tell he the truth anyway, the only thing he knows is that there isn't something wrong behind it, but there was something and that was final.

Unfortunately they only have one class together on Fridays, so Finney and Robin have to part ways when lunch is over.

"I'll see you on the way out and pay attention to class." Finney warns him before giving him a little hug to run to his class.