06|You don't have much time.

May 4, 1976.

Finney didn't have a good night, actually he hasn't since he started dreaming, for his good luck or bad luck for him, depending on the context, he didn't have any dreams to help him with Griffin.

Was good because he was dreaming horrible things that hurt he and bad, because he had no way of knowing what would happen or how to help Griffin.

Finney will have to do this alone, somehow.

When he arrives at school, Finney sits under a tree while he reads one of her favorite books about constellations, but it was more an attempt to ignore the pain from he father's belt on he back.

Finney had forgotten what that damn belt felt like. Not being home for two days in a row was not something he father would liked. He will be more careful in the future.

Even though he enjoyed this kind of reading, he wasn't able to pay attention to a single word, he was nervous and scared when Robin would arrive and realize how bad he was. Finney could barely walk without moaning in pain. He had no ice nor could he clean the wounds on his back. Hurts like hell.

If Griffin's life wasn't on the line, then Finney wouldn't even have come to school.

When he hears footsteps approaching, Finney inhales and exhales before raising his head to find Griffin in front of him with a bottle of ice and a box of sandwiches.

"H-hi... Are you still in pain from yesterday's beating?" Griffin shyly sits next to him and hands him the bottle.

Finney claims again that Griffin is a fucking angel.

"Quite a lot. Thanks, Griff." Finney smiles slightly and picks up the bottle to rest it on his back.

Griffin blushes at the nickname and nods, sharing his sandwiches with him. Finney also didn't eat last night and didn't have breakfast, but Gwen managed to sneak him an apple when they left, but he's very grateful to have something else in he stomach.

The truth, she was very happy that Griffin will approach him first, that was more than clear progress between them and Finney was happy to be able to say that they were friends.

"Do you want to do something after school?" Finney asks, moving the bottle of ice around.

"Sure. Mom brought me new movies."

Finney can't help but smile at him and they hear the school bell.

They both get up off the ground and Finney walks Griffin to his classroom before heading to his own.

At the back of the room, with he arms on the table and probably sleeping, was Robin. Finney smiles and hurries to sit next to he.

"Robin, wake up."

Robin is startled and jerks he head up, but he relaxes when he sees it was just Finney and smiles.

"Hey Finn. How are you feeling?"

"Well, I've had worse injuries. Don't worry."

After a brief discussion about Robin insisting that Finney tell he the truth, the professor arrives and their conversation is interrupted, but Robin accepts the fact that he is fine and they no longer talk about it.

For the only class Finney looks forward to all week, because he's with Robin, he can't focus on him no matter how hard he tries. Nerves were making him sweat and bite his pencil uneasily.

At some point the professor had asked them to write down what he was going to dictate, but Finney couldn't pay attention to anything he said and he just started scribbling.