08|Fight.

May 4, 1976. 3:58 p.m.

Finney can't say he's calm, because he really isn't, but he feels a little relieved that Griffin is still here. The last look Grabber gave him gave him the chills, but trying hard so none of his friends would notice, Finney thinks he did a good job, even if Robin was looking at him seriously from his spot a few feet away from Finney.

Finney realizes that he hates the physical distance between them; there was never so much before and it hurts.

"I can't find my lock. "

Finney turns to see Griffin kneeling on the ground next to his bike, searching for something.

"I'm sure my lock was here, but now I can't find it.

Robin walks over to Griffin after giving Finney one last suspicious look and kneels next to the boy to help find the lock.

They can't find the lock and Robin only says that he could have dropped it earlier in another street. Griffin just accepts the fact that he'll have to get another lock and picks up his bike and backpack off the ground.

The way to Griffin's house is quite tense for Finney, he felt Robin's piercing gaze on his back and all he wanted to do was hide under the ground. He still felt the nerves and fear in his body from his encounter with Grabber no less than twenty minutes ago and he just wanted to get to Griffin's house to be safe from anything. Everything except the inevitable conversation with Robin...

Finney felt more scared than when Grabber showed up with that axe.

Finney lost Robin once, what if he did it again, only this time he's still alive? Finney couldn't take it.

Griffin spends the entire drive feeling bad about losing his lock, since he should ask his mom for money for another one and they've been struggling financially ever since he mom lost her previous job as a hairstylist. Now she works at a VHS store and it was the only reason Griffin could get new movies for free most of the time, only then he had to return them.

Finney understands this very well, they were also struggling financially when his father forgot that they had to eat all month and pay the bills, but alcohol is more important and he will never admit that he and his sister have gone to school on an empty stomach more than once. In the future this changed, but the memories still haunt Finney and Gwen.

And now it was in the past, which he should always remember when he was home. Terrence was still an alcoholic and Finney a wimp.

When they arrive at Griffin's house, the boy leaves his bike in the front yard, and Finney tensely follows him inside.

Robin was still making his face of wanting to kill someone and Finney knows that all that anger will come back to him at some point in the day. Luckily it doesn't happen early, but it will happen and that's a fact.

The three of them end up in the living room watching one of Griffin's many movies, but Finney can't concentrate much, his gaze looking down from the television to Griffin and glancing at Robin when he knows he wasn't looking. Finney still felt very nervous and scared, just because he prevented Griffin's kidnapping doesn't mean Grabber didn't want to try again.