6~ Scars

I leave his shirt on the counter to dry and we sit on the floor, parallel to each other with our backs to the wall. We sit in silence for a bit.

"Did you kill that man?" I ask, my voice almost a whisper. Noah rolls his head in my direction.

"No we played cards had some whisky and I sent him on his way" Noah said and then rolled his eyes at me. I roll my eyes back at him and sigh.
Slax deserved his death. No doubt about it. But Noah was so cold. I couldn't recognize him from what little I know.

"Where did you get the scars?" I ask. "Jesus Cass do you just have all sorts of questions laid out for me tonight?" Noah asks frustrated. "I'm just asking" I snap.

Noah glares at me softly, as if thinking more than being rude. "I will tell you about mine if you tell me about yours" he says.

I look down at my skin. I'm pretty clear for the most part. And obviously Noah had his on purpose while mine had been from things like slicing my hand with a knife or ramming into metal sliding and cutting my shin.

"Uh well this one is from-" I point to the one that I got from a small car accident years ago where my hand was cut deeply by glass.

"No, no Cassidy. I'm talking about your emotional scars" he grins.

"What" I whimper. "C'mon I know you have a little past. Why else would you know how to throw knives like that? Or not be completely terrified of me?" Noah said.

I sigh and close my eyes. "Everybody has a chapter they don't read aloud" I say. Noah tsks but he knows I'm not wrong.

"What you don't want to tell anyone before you die?" He asks, cocky about it.

I glare at him for a moment before deciding that he's not going to let me get by. And he's told me about Elizabeth which was hard for him.

"I learned the knife throwing from my boyfriend" I start. "Oh Cassidy has a lover?" Noah teases.

"He's dead"

Noah stares at me in silence, waiting for me to go on. "He was in the military and well... he was nervous about leaving alone for so many months by myself. So he taught me things like the knife throwing and pressure points and stuff like that" I wave my hand in dismissal.

"My father was abusive he always found ways to hurt me without letting it show.
And I ran away from home as soon as I could. And I found him or well... he found me"

Noah waits patiently for me still.

"He kept me in his apartment while I found a job and mentally healed. But he was in the military and had to go and serve. But my father was still out there and I would be by myself. So he taught me what I know"

"What was his name?" Noah asked. "Luke Cawthorne" I reply softly.

"We just fell in love with each other and it killed us to leave each other. But it worked out for us..." I sigh, preparing myself for what I was about to say.

"He never came back. But my father did."

Noah tenses and glares at me. But not in spite. He was curious to what I had to say.

"And he tried to kill me" I say. "He knocked me out and tied me up and tried to strangle me"

Noah let's out a short breath, clearly shocked. "But Luke's branch had to come and inform me of his death. They showed up just in time" I finish my story and sighed, my breath shaky.

I try and swallow a lump in my throat but it's difficult. Tears well in my eyes and I fight to keep them from spilling.

"I'm sorry I tied you up" he says, his voice had a hint of plead. I look up from my hands and stare into his eyes.

"Really I am. I left you there for hours..." he says. I don't say anything but instead look back down.

"You could at least say something" Noah sighs.

"What do you what me to say!? Oh sure no problem I get it" I glare at him, absolutely unsure of myself. Noah opens his mouth to speak but I cut his words off. "No just... no" I stand and walk out.

I wander the halls for a bit, trying to gather my bearings. I'm running off little sleep and barely any food. Mentally I feel dead and physically I'm exhausted. And on top of that I haven't even though about how I'm going to kill Noah. Do I even want to? If I don't he'll kill me though. Jesus it's all so fucking difficult.

"Let's play a game" I hear a voice grumble in the dark. I gasp and turn around. Noah emerges from the darkness and grins slightly.

"Clearly you need to clear your mind" he says. "So let's play that game of hide and seek I've been saving"

I sigh and relax. "Sure fine" thunder rumbles through the restaurant, reminding us of the storm.

"Let's add some spice though. If we find each other in under hmm 10 minutes, then we have to do something for the other"

I think about it and nod slowly. "You got yourself a deal"

***

Of course I had to go hide first because I got to find Noah last time. I decide to hide in the arcade room, behind one of the bigger machines. It's so dark in here though hopefully he won't see me. However my luck seems to be running low because he enters the room about 4 minutes in.

"Oh Cassidy" he calls. "I'll win this"

Noah walks around the room slowly, as if looking for anything. Then he stops.

"I expected better darling" he grins at me. Noah crouches down next to the machine and holds out his hand, a clear indication for me to take it. Hesitating, I reach my hand out. Noah pulls me up and smiles.

"C'mon I had so much more faith in you sweetheart" he says. "Har har" I mock. Noah picks me up unexpectedly and throws me over his shoulder.

"Hey!" I shout, kicking out my feet. Noah walks forward and sets me on the table. He stands between my legs, his hand trailing up my thigh ever so slightly.

"What am I doing for you Noah" I sigh, ready to get this over with. Maybe he wants me to dance or sing a song or clean up the bodies he has hidden somewhere. But what he says hits me to the core.

"Kiss me"