Part - 1 ~ Unwanted things

Want to know a secret?                                              I have felt unwanted all my life

                                             I have felt unwanted all my life ..

~Reena Desai..

•~

"The pink one!"

"No! The red one!"

"No no! The blue one!"

One after another all the kids argued among themselves while Reena kept checking all her dresses placing them infront of her body as she stood facing the huge mirror .

"God! Can't you guys decide one..You all are confusing me more!" With her arms folded at her chest she swirled around facing the boys who were sitting on bed debating among themselves .

"Listen! They are all fools ..I am telling you na ..Wear this one.." Getting down the bed Shiva broke his silence giving the black dress in her hands .

Reena narrowed her eyes at his choice yet she decided to give that dress a try and stood infront of dressing table placing the dress over her chest . Raising her eyebrows she passed an impressed look to the boy who gave a proud look in return ruffling his hair .

Noticing sad faces of other children through the corner of her eyes she spoke up " For today I am going with this dress but I will wear all these dresses turn by then.."

Just like the flowers of spring she saw those fallen little faces blooming up with their smile reaching their ears . A satisfaction washed over her anxious self .

Atleast some are getting their share of happiness ..

~•
Reena giggled as she looked at the photo in her hands captured almost 4 years before . Annoying Kamal by clicking his funny pictures and then showing it to his friends as if some world famous comic has been her favourite time pass ever since she knew .

Feeling someone ' s presence in the hall she looked up to find Farman who was staring at her amused because it was quite rare for people to see princess Desai with a smile .

"Farman! Come sit , lets have a talk I am getting bored.." Complaining like a kid Reena signalled him to join her patting the seat next to her .

For a moment the boy hesitated but joined soon due to her pleading eyes that no one in the universe could resist .

"Who is this ?" He asked curiously taking a look at the photo of an arrogant man who seemed to him like some side character or to be precise he reminded him more of an animal who has escaped from zoo .

"He..Kamal , my fiance.." Reena stated casually but observed the changing expression of Farman ' s face giving her a really! Look .

A chuckle embraced her lips thinking of the 4 years old memory .

~

Flashback

"Your bill , mam.." The manager came rushing before her placing the bill on table .

Removing her shades Reena looked at the bill as she took out some cash in order to pay but a card landed on the table before she could pay .

She looked up to meet a pair of eyes glaring arrogantly at the manager drawing an eye roll she got up from her seat crossing her arms .

"I can pay my bills , kamal.." Reena spoke up emphasizing on the word my . She never wanted people to interfere in her personal life but now this wish of hers can't be granted anymore because their is a fiance keeping an eye on her 24×7 .

"Whatever I have now belongs to you only , Reena.." Kamal replied trying to be genuine but ended up sugar coating his tone so much that it almost made her cringe .

"Oh really!?" She questioned raising her eyebrows widening her eyes with a tinge of annoyance dripped in them while he being confused nodded his head in a yes .

A smirk played over her glossy lips as she picked up her shopping bags and stretched her arms in front .

"So here you go!" Reena said forwarding those not so heavy four bags to her so called fiance .

For a moment it seemed as if his eyes would pop out of their sockets . Kamal looked around to see if their were any trance of his goons or partners but it seemed like his faith decided to mercy a bit on him as he found no sign of anyone familiar present at the moment .

"Fine!" He agreed taking the bags from Reena ' s smooth palms intentionally brushing over her hands with his own in the process gripping them tightly for a moment .

He could observe Reena looking awaywith a blank face not reciprocating the gesture but guessed it to be some shyness .

"Come!" Gesturing his hand forward Kamal waited patiently for her to grab it .

His happiness reached on cloud nine as she entangled her shaky palms with his and they moved forward with him having a never ending smile on his face while Reena did not wanted to disappoint her father by behaving wrongly with her supposed to be husband .

~
Too lost in narrating her past Reena failed to observe that many people gathered around her until Farmaan snapped his fingers .

"So , If I am not wrong then you never wanted that relation with him , right ?" Asking so Farmaan looked curiously towards her settling his fingers over his chin .

A sad smile plastered over her sharp features thinking of all the events that took place in her roller coster life "Its not easy to get rid of unwanted things in life .. I never wanted to be a part of this world of guns and blood but I am because this is my destiny . One may get rid of everything but they can never turn their faces from what God has written for them ..'

The palace went silent for a minute . This lady who seemed to be so rude and arrogant was so alone deep inside and oh! She was such a great actor that she never lets the mask of her arrogance fall infront of the world .

"I have a question.." Ansh said raising his hand so that it could be observed by their queen .

Reena took a glance at the boy who stood up folding his arms . Wiggling her eyebrows she waved him to go ahead for whatever he was going to ask.

"Whom would you choose , Our Rocky bhai or Kamal??"

~
PHEW! A LONG CHAPTER AND PLEASE DO TELL ME HOW IS THE STORY GOING SO FAR . ARE YOU ALL EVEN LIKING IT ?? BECUASE I FEEL THAT MAYBE ITS QUITE BORING