Part - 10 ~ Ignorance

With her heart racing rapidly and mind going completely blank Reena stared at the man stranding right infront of her . People around were celebrating cheering and chatting but nothing  could manage to grab some amount of her attention .

Is he the same ?

Definitely not!

He looked much and more confident or to be precise arrogant now ..Dressed in a blue armani suit , like a big business tycon..that he is!

But truth to be told , he was the same man who left her without  a second glance when she was in the most miserable state . Flashbacks  played in her mind one by one .

Those panic attacks ..sleepless nights.. mental trauma ..

Where the hell was he when she was sobbing her eyes out ?!

When she struggled to gather herself all together?!

And now after she was finally succeeding  in her efforts to move ahead ..Here he is!
But no..this time it was different ..Reena isn't going to waste those precious tears of hers  anymore ..that too for him..

Never!

"Seems like Reena is already lost in our bhai.." A kid teased playfully and finally her stubborn eyes did the effort to look away from him .

She wanted to leave this damn place right now but these people who assumed them to be some love birds  having a reunion after years .. even when she was barely in any terms to have a glance at the bearded idiot standing right here infront of her .

Reena decided to atleast pretend everything  to be fine as she always did and stood their quietly while Fatima handed her a thal of arti .

wish if I could have my sandals instead of this plate in my hands ..! Her inner voice chided .

With a plain face that depicted nearly nothing she did all the formalities not caring about the mischievous comments passed by kids accompanied by the laughter of ladies and men .

Surprise flashed in Rocky ' s eyes for a second but he was too quick to cover if up that no one noticed .

Except her , ofcourse! 

" I feel tired and unwell . So I 'll take some rest for a few hours.." She spoke to Mallama  who felt kind off shocked  with her way of reacting  but nodded her head positively .

Rocky atlast finished the formal greetings  when her words landed in his ears ..The look of pride he had till now vanishing from his face  eyes narrowing at the site of Reena ' s disappearing  figure from the crowd. 

She looked fine all the time since she graced the hall with her presence and much to his surprise she did the welcome ritual for him that too without any arguments or tantrums

She looked fine all the time since she graced the hall with her presence and much to his surprise she did the welcome ritual for him that too without any arguments or tantrums .

This was not the Reena he used to see..Her Anger . Stubbornness. Frowns. Arrogance and most importantly  those threats that he loved  more than anything  else ..It was all gone . 

Whats wrong with her?! He questioned himself .

~•

Sitting on the dinning table with Khasim and Vanaram he went busy discussing about various issues regarding KGF .

"You both have managed everything  quite well.." Rocky remarked impressed .

"Not both ..But the three of us , beta.." Khasim stated while Vanaram  simply nodded his head .

"Who's the third person?" He questioned confused and curious at the same time.

"Its Reena beti who used to organize every single thing be it the daily works or any specific occasions.." The old man answered a smile spreading over his face

Raja krishnappa bairya  was surprised would be an understatement his eyebrows curved after hearing the latest information. This lady was way different than he or the world assumed her to be .

"Yes , my child.." Fatima ' s voice came as she went on serving the men at table .

"This palace which earlier used to haunt us now seems like a home , all because of her" placing the food bowl aside she said in adoration .

"Her laughs , smile , plays and mischievousness . Every single thing fills this dark palace with bright colours.." Mallama continued joining the conversation as she walked in with kheer in her hands .

Rocky felt various emotions hearing all said by these people .

The angry bird , Reena Desai turned out to be this sweet!?

Wasn't she the one who scared all the people by firing in mansion the first time she came?

And now here they are , singing her praises..!

"Leela , go and call Reena for dinner.." Fatima nudged a servant who nodded her head leaving the place .

While everyone else busied themselves  in food Rocky kept on thinking about the lady who was becoming  a big mystery to him day by day .

How many more shades do you have Sona?! He thought to himself too lost to pay any attention towards the plate of food .

"What happened? Won't she come?" Khasim asked Leela who came down alone .

"She said to have her dinner later as she's busy with some work right now.." The servant spoke bowing her head down making the people at table startled

In the long time span of two years Reena never missed any single meal with them  despite of her hectic and busy schedule infact she used to be the first  one to arrive at the table lecturing others who used to come late .

"I must go and check on her.." Fatima stated hurriedly ascending upstairs .

The tension in hall didn't went unnoticed by Rocky . Khasim who till now was engrossed in having his food had worry lines forming his head and his commander in chief  for the first time looked concerned for someone .

What magic have you spelled on them , Sona?! Raja ' s questions had no end today .

Wait ..Was it because of him?

Is she trying to ignore me?

•~

So , How was the update?  Do you think Rocky is gonna make it up soon?