Part - 12 ~ Small talks

Sunrays kissed her face peeping through the transparent curtains of the room as Reena squeezed her eyes tightly turning and tossing on the king size bed .

Huh! How fast the morning comes..! She thought crinkling her eyes open having a look at the little clock kept on the side table .

Oh no! I am late! It was already past nine in the morning and today their was a very important meeting scheduled with some clients . Jumping out of the bed Reena began her multitasking giving competition  to the speed of light

•~

Rushing downstairs with a file in her hands she grabbed the car keys from stand and made her way outside .

"Atleast have your breakfast , silly girl!" Fatima called out from the dinning table

"I'll have something  in office , amma.." She spoke up continuing her run only to bump in something  or to be precise someone .

Damn! Where did this wall came from! Reena thought rubbing her forehead as  her hairs scattered over her shoulders  with eyes closed tightly.

Cursing her clumsiness in mind she bended down quickly to pick up the file that fell on floor and moved ahead without sparing a look to him who stood their dumbfounded having a 'what just happened! ' expression .

Rocky blinked a few times as he saw her getting into her favourite black car closing the door . Did she just ignore me?! He thought astonished before Vanaram nudged him to continue whatever he was saying about the developmental plan .

•~

A breath of relief , at last! Reena thought huffing in relief as she stepped into the mansion after an exhausting day at work

Her stomach growled making her chuckle it was already late in night and she didn't even had a single morsel since morning . She stepped towards kitchen to make something  for herself .

"The dinner is ready , Sona.." A voice boomed in the silent hall which almost made her breath hitch for a second .

She turned around too fast masking up the shock on her face with a poker look seeing Rocky standing right infront of her .

Is he for real?! Astonished ..Reena asked herself gawking at him .

"What happened?" He questioned , eyebrows knitting together in curiosity  as he tried to read the emotions she hid behind those dark orbs .

"Um..Nothing.." She managed to utter looking down her eyes never meeting his

For a minute there was silence ..A haunting one neither he spoke nor her.

Reena couldn't decide what to do ..she was confused with her own self . Her heart wished to yell at him for everything  he did , scream her lungs out to free herself from all the pain she was holding for years but brain advised to let go because not everything  needs to be told with words somethings are understood by mutual understanding as well which they lacked according  to her .

Stay calm ..stay calm ... She chanted in her mind inhaling a deep breath. 

Rocky  didn't knew what came over him but he couldn't just take that silence from her . She looks better while fighting with me.. His mind interpreted as he continued to stare at her . Today he understood that why women are tough to understand .

His entire life he had no lady except his mother who left him at a fragile age and now it was just Reena after that. Earning money was all he knew ever since he stepped into this cruel world of greed  and brutality . Maybe that was the reason behind his failure to understand his lady love.

"Lets have dinner.." He said trying to get rid of the awkwardness ..For once in his life Rocky was at lack of words , he didn't knew what to say and how to start observing that she silently agreed sitting down on the dinning table serving herself .

Reena digged herself into the food trying to finish it as soon as possible ..."The food isn't going to run away , Sona" Rocky remarked smiling a little at her as she was literally gobbling the food .

Butterflies fluttered their wings in her stomach making her nearly freeze  for a few moments  hearing him addressing her  'Sona' just like the old days  . She gulped audibly trying to maintain  her posture

"Rocky .." His name left her lips making him delighted after a really long period of time .

"Yes Sona!" He replied back enthusiastically grinning ear to ear .

Finally! She will say something!

"Do you know about the new Prime Minister Ramika Sen?" Reena questioned and the look of disappointment over his face didnt went unnoticed by her but she really wanted to ask him regarding  this matter since she saw Ramika Sen ' s interviews  on the television where it seemed as if that lady was indirectly trying to give a threat to him .

"Yes , I do! She ' s some politician.." He answered after a mental sad song  totally uninterested in the topic .

Just imagine having a dinner with your loved one and what will you talk with them?
About their likes or dislikes? No!
About their day? No!
About some politician?Yes! That's the right answer!

This was the same case with Rocky right now. Wow! So now a politician is going to be the villain of my lovestory? Great! He thought sarcastically glancing at Reena who continued to say something. 

"Even though you don't need it ..But I 'll still advise you to be careful ..This lady seems very determined.." She ranted having the last morsel as she got up from the dinning table .

"Huh..!" He sighed under his breath watching her leave without saying anything  further or waiting  for his response .

Frustrated with the situation and small talk he banged his fist on the dinning table . "Maybe , I am gonna die single only!" He muttered to himself as Reena ' s figure faded  away from his sight .

•~

So , how was the chapter? And what do you think is gonna happen now? Will Rocky and Reena stay like that forever? do let me know your opinions in the comment .