Part - 13 ~ Things falling apart

"And then suddenly ,
For no apparent reason
Everything started to fall apart.."

Days went by and nothing changed between Rocky and Reena . Reena could observe Rocky ' s efforts to spend some time with her even when he was occupied with tons of work but it seemed as if it was too late .

One fine day Reena sat on a chair reading the latest novel she brought for herself while Rocky was passing by discussing something serious with a few men . Too dissolved in her own task she just carried on with her reading until his rough voice landed in her ears .

"There is not much time , work fast.. The Work should not stop.." Reena mentally sighed hearing the same line for the hundredth time . He has changed way too much since he came back . Everytime she saw him discussing any issue regarding the mines he said this statement no matter what the situation is

"A few people have got injured due to   blast in mine..Maybe they won't be able to work anymore" One of the men informed Rocky who seemed not to be affected by the loss .

"Give them money and send them somewhere else ..Keep the healthy and strong ones..work should not stop." He continued climbing upstairs .

Reena was shocked would be an understatement . She couldn't believe her ears .someone tell me that I am dreaming! Her eyes still glued to the book trying her best to not to freak out infront of so many people .

"Otherwise you 'll kill them all , isn't it?" Khasim  ' s firm voice  out of the blue made everyone stop with whatever they were doing . Reena too looked up finally to observe that Rocky has already stopped in his tracks .

"You are doing the same what Garuda did

"You are doing the same what Garuda did .. Their is no difference between him and you!" The old man grumbled furiously and the atmosphere totally changed .

"For whom are you doing all this?!"

Winds blew faster with black clouds covering the sky as Rocky turned back asking all the people to follow him .

•~

Tears threatened her eyes as Reena sat in her room alone with her thoughts after she came home hearing his explanation for whatever he was doing .

"Vada nibhane ke liye kuch bhi karunga!" His words echoed in her ears again and again. (I will do anything  to keep my promise!)

She couldn't understand what to do?  Go and talk with him? Console him? Or to stay the way she has been doing till now?

No! I cant be this heartless! She thought gulping down the lump formed in her throat .

•~

Inhaling a deep breath Reena knocked  the door of his room You can do this , Reena! Her inner voice came up giving her some mental courage . She stood outside for a few minutes only to receive no response . A frown etched her face  curiosity  and worry clouding her mind .

She discovered that the door was already open so it didnt took her much time to get in . "Rocky!" She called slowly walking inside but no reply came .

It was then her eyes caught him sitting on a rocking chair facing towards his empire. She stepped towards him only to hear a whisper. 

"Amma.." Rocky muttered under his breath and Reena discovered that he fell asleep on the chair itself .

"Please don't leave me , amma.."  He continued shifting uneasily on the chair .

Reena could feel her heart crumpling  down seeing him in that state . He too lost his mother , like her . kneeling down beside him she patted his head while holding one of his hand .

"Ssh..Its okay..Calm down ..I am here.." Reena said entwining their fingers and finally he calmed down after a while making her sigh with relief .

She got up carefully detaching her hand from his hold . For a moment Reena wondered whether this is the man whom people refer to as a 'monster' ? He looked so alone at the moment , like her..
She could totally understand how it feels to have no one beside to share anything  that you feel.. This world is just too cruel for a person to survive all alone

But he could come to her , right? Couldn't he? Wasn't she the one who tried to initiate  many conversations years ago and how skillfully he used to avoid them!
Not to forget this was the same man who left her two years ago only to barge in her life again ..

Reena could observe his efforts since a few days when he tried to speak with her but again a few days cant replace those 730 days  when she wanted him beside her , so badly. What was he doing at that time? Extracting his gold?..Expanding his business? or in the worst case busy with some other girl?!

Wait..no! The last thought made her anxious . Did he really lost his interest in her? Did he really moved on? Was their any other lady in his life now?! Her breath hitched for a moment when she questioned this all to herself .

On the way back to her room she saw Khasim along with Fatima and other workers discussing something serious . She was about to move ahead but her stubborn feet decided to glue at one place as she stood near a pillar eaveasdropping.

"If this continues he will destory himself" Khasim remarked tensed .

"His mother was the one to start it now only god knows when will this stop.." Fatima stated with worry lines forming her forehead. 

"Amma , I want to ask something.." One of the kids spoke to Fatima making her raise her eyebrows in confusion .

"What is it?" The old lady questioned. 

"Why Reena never talks with Rocky bhai? Is she angry with him?" He asked.

"Why are you saying this , Vaibhav?" Leela said joining in the conversation .

"Because once I always see her walking away whenever Rocky bhai comes" The kid answered casually  but his words did grab everyone ' s attention .

"Something is wrong between them..even I have observed this . She always hesitates whenever we question about him.." Shiva interpreted .

Reena squeezed her eyes  tightly before giving herself a mental slap . Why do I have to be so dramatic?! She yelled mentally .

"I don't know why is that girl so rude towards our Sultan..He has given her everything but she never acknowledges his efforts.." One of the new maid remarked annoyed . It was just three days before she came to the palace and observing Reena ' s behaviour towards their king the new maid made a mental image of her being arrogant.

But in no moment she regretted saying whatever she said because everybody present at the scene was literally throwing daggers at her with their looks

Does he also think of me as a selfish? Reena mumbled before she ran upstairs with self doubt lacing her mind .

•~

A long chapter! And the response is decreasing day by day .. Isn't the story interesting anymore? ..This time lets keep a target of atleast 30+ comments